Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,805

0 members and 2,805 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: What is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Thanks that’s very useful... but what is the Members Forum / Hisses and Hugs then ?
    Kinda confusing..
    When you purchase a platinum level subscription to the forum, you have to option to create your own member forum. That is a forum created by a platinum level subscriber (a long time ago). Maybe we should consider closing the old member forums to new posts if they are confusing?
    - Emily

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-16-2020),Sonny1318 (01-20-2021),Zincubus (12-16-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    When you purchase a platinum level subscription to the forum, you have to option to create your own member forum. That is a forum created by a platinum level subscriber (a long time ago). Maybe we should consider closing the old member forums to new posts if they are confusing?
    Ahh .. I was wondering why I wasn’t allowed to create new threads in that section .. so yes maybe time to delete the sections that have been dormant for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Well this is an obvious suggestion, but most of us know other people who keep reptiles, or we meet new ones with common interests, like in pet stores & all...do we remember to suggest this forum to them? I hope so.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (01-19-2021),mlededee (01-19-2021),Zincubus (01-20-2021)

Thanks

Mobile

Here's my 2 cents after poking around....from a software engineer perspective, and someone who pays attention to usability.

The site isn't responsive, and difficult to use on mobile phones. Most of the internet traffic is mobile. Mobile first should be the new mindset.

I went to install Tapatalk, to make my life a bit easier, and it's not pulling the list of forums in properly on a new installation - so, today, it's not usable. Not sure if this is a permanent issue with Tapatalk, or not....but, I also didn't see any reference on the site when taking a quick look, to see if Tapatalk is the recommended method to use this site via Mobile.

I also come from a time when Forums were the cornerstone of the internet, before the FB's and Reddits. It does take a really good core of dedicated users to keep the activity flowing, to engage new users, and to foster discussion. From what I see in this thread, there are some people who care very deeply about that - it's nice to see.
    Husbandry.Pro
    Professional Reptile Tracking Software

https://husbandry.pro

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Husbandry.Pro For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-20-2021),Hugsplox (01-20-2021),mlededee (01-20-2021),Sonny1318 (01-20-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Re: Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Husbandry.Pro View Post
    Here's my 2 cents after poking around....from a software engineer perspective, and someone who pays attention to usability.

The site isn't responsive, and difficult to use on mobile phones. Most of the internet traffic is mobile. Mobile first should be the new mindset.

I went to install Tapatalk, to make my life a bit easier, and it's not pulling the list of forums in properly on a new installation - so, today, it's not usable. Not sure if this is a permanent issue with Tapatalk, or not....but, I also didn't see any reference on the site when taking a quick look, to see if Tapatalk is the recommended method to use this site via Mobile.

I also come from a time when Forums were the cornerstone of the internet, before the FB's and Reddits. It does take a really good core of dedicated users to keep the activity flowing, to engage new users, and to foster discussion. From what I see in this thread, there are some people who care very deeply about that - it's nice to see.
    A sincere thanks to you for your input, and too. I hope you'll continue to participate & help us grow better. Love your logo!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

I find it so much easier to use Tapatalk too, like zincubus I'm on rfuk as its us based in the uk, but has been so quite also. Just so much easier for uploading pics

I check in on both forums a few times a day on my phone on break and lunch time at work to see if there's been anything new going off, but as I'm on a different time zones I'm often late to the table and other people have answered the questions. so I often just like the post to show the op that someone has at least acknowledged it

It is difficult in the middle of a world wide pandemic for people to access certain things, A lot of people have had the normal working days turned upside down, with either having to work from home and kids being home schooled due to school closures over covid, we'll in the uk anyway
    Think it's the same for alot of you guys/girls on the other side of the pond too,
    I'm hopeing by the end of the year things will start to feel a bit more normal
    Fingers crossed anyway

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-24-2021),Zincubus (01-20-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Well this is an obvious suggestion, but most of us know other people who keep reptiles, or we meet new ones with common interests, like in pet stores & all...do we remember to suggest this forum to them? I hope so.
    I send a copy of the website link to loads of people ..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-24-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Husbandry.Pro View Post

I’d certainly give TapaTalk a few more tries over the coming days ..
    Maybe delete the app and reinstall it ..

Did you download it with a WIFI connection - obviously far quicker to download and less chance of any initial glitches.

As I’ve said if I didn’t have TapaTalk I simply wouldn’t bother going into all my favourite forums .

I’ve got two forums that aren’t compatible with TapaTalk and I rarely bother to log in and that’s if I even remember about them in the first place ..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (01-20-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I’d certainly give TapaTalk a few more tries over the coming days ..
    Maybe delete the app and reinstall it ..

Did you download it with a WIFI connection - obviously far quicker to download and less chance of any initial glitches.

As I’ve said if I didn’t have TapaTalk I simply wouldn’t bother going into all my favourite forums .

I’ve got two forums that aren’t compatible with TapaTalk and I rarely bother to log in and that’s if I even remember about them in the first place ..

Here’s my HomePage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    What would be awesome if it was easier to post pictures from an iPad without having to use tapatalk or what ever it’s called. My snakes look like anacondas compared to the photos I have posted now, lol. I would love to share more photos. 💪✌️
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-20-2021)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast