Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,601

1 members and 1,600 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Cage build / questions

What is up everyone. Im here with a few more cage build questions. I want to make this quick as i am busy and have little spare time. If anybody can help me with the following:

· Does anyone have knowledge of the specific PVC sheet material AP cages or any other quality company uses. I know i know, everyone says go to home depot or lowes but they only come up with the color white. If anybody is big on building PVC cages and has had luck with local or somewhere else then that would be cool. Some materials used in the product allow them to warp at temps like 120-140 so better quality and avoiding any hazards is what im looking for

· Can i buy only glass locks and flexwatt from AP as I am particularly fond of there locks.

· Does anybody know the thickness of there glass (interested in AP specifically) and what kind of glass ( regular / semi tempered/ tempered). I can find local with this and any info would help

· and if anybody uses the Herpstat 2 thermostat could they lmk if it saves the humidity in intervals throughout the day like it does with temp i believe.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 465 Posts
    Source expanded pvc sheets locally or you will pay an arm and leg for shipping.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll sell them to you as “replacements,” but you could probably find locks cheaper from another source, even Amazon.

Not sure of Ap specifically, but the industry standard for glass thickness is 0.25”

Annealed glass is doable, but if you have a large boa or retic, I would go with tempered.
    Last edited by wnateg; 12-11-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    Start your own dubia roach colony with Roach Rancher!

Instagram - @AliceAnaconda

0.1.0 Cat "Anna"
    -----
    1.1.0 Emerald Tree Boa "Amanda & Samantha"
    0.1.0 Merauke Scrub Python "Victoria"
    0.1.0 Titanium Reticulated Python "Alice"
    1.0.0 Eastern Indigo
    -----
    0.0.4 Alligator Snapping Turtle "Deborah"
    0.0.2 Florida Snapping Turtles
    0.0.1 Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman "Caroline"
    0.0.1 100% Het Black Dragon Asian Water Monitor