Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,821

1 members and 2,820 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts

Re: Now I have a non eater...

Quote Originally Posted by blinky125 View Post
    I've enjoyed reading this thread...thanks OP for bringing up the subject and keeping up with updates. Also thank you all of you who contributed. I personally have a girl whose been on a hunger strike since I purchased her on December 20th. The person I bought her from said she ate the day before I got her. She has gone to the bathroom a couple times since then. I've tried feeding her every couple of weeks but she just hasn't shown interest. Unfortunately he was feeding her live which means I've been stuck with an unwanted pet.

Anyways, she weighed approximately 1900 grams when I got her, just weighed her today and she is down to about 1600 grams. She still looks healthy, still has a friendly disposition to her..

I purchased a juvenile male about a month ago and he's been eating F/T mice and just stepped up to a F/T rat pup on Sunday. He has been eating like a champ.

Guess i'll just keep offering to my girl every couple of weeks.
    Good luck with yours too. BPs really know how to drive conscientious owners crazy, don't they?
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Update:

Last Sunday, April 04 was feeding day, Hal is back to eating, his fast didn't last long

Still a no go for Eggroll, She refused again.......

So for the TL DR people:

Her last meal was a 62g rat on October 25, 2020

Her last weighing was November 20, 2020 she weighed 1437 grams

She has use the bathroom twice and shed once since then

Her current weight is 1345 grams on April 07,2021

So she's only down 92 grams so far, just a little over 1 meal (65g to 70g rat)

So I guess this fast hasn't harmed her yet

Hopefully she starts eating soon now that the weather has changed and the days have gotten longer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-10-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,895 Times in 2,991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Have you tried the hairdryer method !!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This

Thanks

Well feeding day was May 01, Started with Cheyenne (Boa), then everybody knew what was up.

Hal, Bean and Bitey were all full out of their hides and at the top of the enclosures waiting to be fed, I don't think they understand "Ambush Predator"

Saved Eggroll for last, I knew she was in her hot hide... But not showing herself at all... So I warmed up the rat (I always

hairdryer them),

Scuffed it across the top of the hide, and down across the doorway (Reptile Basic Hides) and slowly moved away... and

Boom I jumped the hide jumped and Eggroll missed Ugh,

So start over same thing another strike and miss (I figured she just wanted it gone) gave it once more and BOOM

snatched the rat out of the tongs and into the hide it went!

I waited until the next day when I noticed she had switched hides and looked in the hot hide, No rat there,

waited until night when she switched back No rat in the cold side either....

So YAY she seems to have eaten (it was a 53g small rat) and just over the 6 Month mark.

I was just getting ready to make a vet appointment just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

So hopefully she eats (at least once a month) from now on and I'll be ready for the next winter food strike if there is one.

Thanks to everybody for all the advice in this thread!! I do appreciate it!!
    Last edited by Gocntry; 05-03-2021 at 08:56 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-03-2021),EL-Ziggy (05-03-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts
    Congratulations! You've suffered long enough, & a BP that EATS is a thing of real beauty!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well feeding day was May 01, Started with Cheyenne (Boa), then everybody knew what was up.

Hal, Bean and Bitey were all full out of their hides and at the top of the enclosures waiting to be fed, I don't think they understand "Ambush Predator"

Saved Eggroll for last, I knew she was in her hot hide... But not showing herself at all... So I warmed up the rat (I always

hairdryer them),

Scuffed it across the top of the hide, and down across the doorway (Reptile Basic Hides) and slowly moved away... and

Boom I jumped the hide jumped and Eggroll missed Ugh,

So start over same thing another strike and miss (I figured she just wanted it gone) gave it once more and BOOM

snatched the rat out of the tongs and into the hide it went!

I waited until the next day when I noticed she had switched hides and looked in the hot hide, No rat there,

waited until night when she switched back No rat in the cold side either....

So YAY she seems to have eaten (it was a 53g small rat) and just over the 6 Month mark.

I was just getting ready to make a vet appointment just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

So hopefully she eats (at least once a month) from now on and I'll be ready for the next winter food strike if there is one.

Thanks to everybody for all the advice in this thread!! I do appreciate it!!
    That’s fabulous !!

So pleased that you kept reheating and re-offering... many seem to try once then give up or just leave it lying cold in the viv

Thanks

Feeding day was yesterday, May 15,

Eggroll was in her cool hide, introduced rat (64g Small), slightly delayed hit, but aggressively grabbed it from the hide and it disappeared

She switched hides over night, checked the cool hide this morning rat is gone, So Yay I guess she's back eating until next November

We'll see if she goes back on strike, I won't post anymore updates until something changes again.

Thanks Again Everybody for all the info / input

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-16-2021),EL-Ziggy (05-16-2021),Zincubus (05-16-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Feeding day was yesterday, May 15,

Eggroll was in her cool hide, introduced rat (64g Small), slightly delayed hit, but aggressively grabbed it from the hide and it disappeared

She switched hides over night, checked the cool hide this morning rat is gone, So Yay I guess she's back eating until next November

We'll see if she goes back on strike, I won't post anymore updates until something changes again.

Thanks Again Everybody for all the info / input
    Excellent !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345