Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 374

3 members and 371 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 03:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Chloe (32)

» Stats

Members: 70,905
Threads: 244,930
Posts: 2,539,363
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Slimsnakey
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    bcr229's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2013
    Location
    Eastern WV Panhandle
    Posts
    9,039
    Thanks
    2,609
    Thanked 8,809 Times in 4,390 Posts
    Images: 34
    That is the nice thing about rescues. Assuming they've merely been neglected and aren't sick, they eat.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (12-16-2020),Gocntry (12-16-2020),GoingPostal (12-11-2020)

  3. #12
    Registered User Gocntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2019
    Location
    Northern Va.
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 729 Times in 360 Posts

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Well, Eggrolls been cruising her enclosure for the last 2 days... Feeding day is Saturday, fingers crossed she's hungry.

    I threw the rats she didn't eat out in the back yard and something got them by morning,

    No clue what's getting fed overnight but something got a meal.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (12-16-2020)

  5. #13
    Registered User Hugsplox's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2020
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.
    Posts
    466
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 691 Times in 348 Posts

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well, Eggrolls been cruising her enclosure for the last 2 days... Feeding day is Saturday, fingers crossed she's hungry.

    I threw the rats she didn't eat out in the back yard and something got them by morning,

    No clue what's getting fed overnight but something got a meal.
    I use to do this with pinkies when my hognose wouldn't eat. Got to see a few different local animals show up for a easy snake. Not a bad way to recycle!

  6. #14
    Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,418
    Thanks
    20,160
    Thanked 12,416 Times in 7,817 Posts
    I hope she gets back to eating for you. It is pretty typical behavior for BPs though- & it's why I appreciate my colubrids so much- the only snakes I have that fast in the winter is my rosy boa & my TX longnose snakes. They're both desert species that would brumate in the wild, by the way. With some snakes, all you can do is to "go with the flow". Their instincts keep them alive in the wild, so it's hard to argue with that.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 12-16-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

  7. #15
    Registered User Reptile$ 4 Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-14-2020
    Posts
    447
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 344 Times in 274 Posts
    Images: 7

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Don't you just love it when they decided not to eat! It's the best.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Flicker)
    1.2 Southern Alligator Liazrds (Wraith, Magma & Annie)
    0.1 Western Skink (Stella)
    1.1 Leopard Geckos (Leo & Jade)

  8. #16
    Registered User wnateg's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-25-2019
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    826
    Thanks
    654
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 462 Posts

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well, Eggrolls been cruising her enclosure for the last 2 days... Feeding day is Saturday, fingers crossed she's hungry.

    I threw the rats she didn't eat out in the back yard and something got them by morning,

    No clue what's getting fed overnight but something got a meal.
    One time I threw an uneaten rat out my third floor balcony into the woods, and it accidentally landed in a tree. It was gone the next day.
    Instagram - @AliceAnaconda

    0.1.0 Cat "Anna"
    -----
    1.1.0 Emerald Tree Boa "Amanda & Samantha"
    0.1.0 Merauke Scrub Python "Victoria"
    0.1.0 Titanium Reticulated Python "Alice"
    1.0.0 Eastern Indigo
    -----
    0.0.4 Alligator Snapping Turtle "Deborah"
    0.0.2 Florida Snapping Turtles
    0.0.1 Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman "Caroline"
    0.0.1 100% Het Black Dragon Asian Water Monitor
    -----
    0.0.1 Antilles Pink Toe Tarantula "Katherine"

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to wnateg For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (12-16-2020)

  10. #17
    Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,418
    Thanks
    20,160
    Thanked 12,416 Times in 7,817 Posts

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Quote Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    One time I threw an uneaten rat out my third floor balcony into the woods, and it accidentally landed in a tree. It was gone the next day.
    I can only imagine the surprised "smile" on some bird's face.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

  11. #18
    Registered User Gocntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2019
    Location
    Northern Va.
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 729 Times in 360 Posts

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Well last Saturday was feeding day, Eggroll was out, Started warming up the rats, Cheyenne gets to go first or she has a fit

    Left Eggroll for last so I could leave the snake room and not bother her.

    Warmed it up like normal, showed it to her she sniffed it and coiled back like WTH is that .

    Left it in her enclosure overnight, Nope not interested.

    So we're at the 2 month mark, haven't got her out to weigh her, but she still prowls at night no other issues, So just guess she's not hungry yet.

    So we'll see what the next feeding brings.......

  12. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-07-2019
    Posts
    447
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 337 Times in 223 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    Well last Saturday was feeding day, Eggroll was out, Started warming up the rats, Cheyenne gets to go first or she has a fit

    Left Eggroll for last so I could leave the snake room and not bother her.

    Warmed it up like normal, showed it to her she sniffed it and coiled back like WTH is that .

    Left it in her enclosure overnight, Nope not interested.

    So we're at the 2 month mark, haven't got her out to weigh her, but she still prowls at night no other issues, So just guess she's not hungry yet.

    So we'll see what the next feeding brings.......

    Did you try the hairdryer to heat the rat head? Sometimes the extra heat helps.

    Or a nice stinky male rat?

    Good luck!

  13. #20
    Registered User Gocntry's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2019
    Location
    Northern Va.
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 729 Times in 360 Posts

    Re: Now I have a non eater...

    Quote Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    Did you try the hairdryer to heat the rat head? Sometimes the extra heat helps.

    Or a nice stinky male rat?

    Good luck!
    Don't remember the sex of the rat, I can make sure to pick a male next time though

    I use F/T and always hit 'em with the hair dryer to warm them first.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1