Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,759

4 members and 2,755 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PVC cage size?

Thanks

Re: PVC cage size?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongPython View Post
    Always a pleasure to see you boas, RedRabbit. That's a nice group you've got there.

4' long may cut it for your guys, but going a little longer wouldn't hurt if you can. Height depends on your boas. If they like to perch, I would make sure they have a little extra height. 2' should do in that case, at least to start.

For comparison: my boas will reach roughly the same size as yours (5-6'), and I'm leaning on the side of giving them extra room. The longicauda will be getting a 6'x2'x4' eventually -- he's highly arboreal and uses the space of his cage throughout the year, so he'll get plenty of room to roam and height to perch. The Sonoran is shaping up to be on the larger end of her locality's size distribution (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she exceeds 5' eventually), and since she will use the full space of her cage in a day, I'm planning to upgrade her to a 6' cage in the future.

On top of AP, other PVC cage makers I know include Kages (my 4'x2'x2' is from them), MP Cages & Exotics, Zen Habitats, Scale-Box, and Maximum Reptile. TerraOrb and Focus Cubed are worth a look as well, for some non-traditional options.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thank you, WrongPython. You make a good point, as my boas do like to perch; I have magnetic ledges in my current boa tubs, and I see them climbing on the ledges (and occasionally coiling up and taking a nap on them) fairly often. From your advice and everyone else's, I'm definitely leaning more and more towards 18" height at least. 24" might also be doable, though at that point with a stack of 3 (plus factoring in additional height from any base and/or coaster wheels I put the cages on), working with the top cage might become a bit of a stretch. Thank you also for the suggestions for other PVC cage makers, I'll definitely be looking into them to see what they have to offer.
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

WrongPython (12-06-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12