Recently my 1.5 year old ball python has been very active in his enclosure at night, trying to escape. While it's normal for him to cruise at night, he has been very intent on trying to escape lately and is pushing his nose on the lid a lot, so now his nose is rubbed raw

Is there any medication I can buy for him or should I bring him to a vet for a prescription?

Also if anyone has any advice on stopping nose rubbing please let me know! He is currently in a 34" long, 15" wide, and 12" tall tub. Here is a quick run through of the husbandry:

32 gallon tub with a UTH underneath the tub (probe sandwiched between tub bottom and UTH) and a CHE installed on top (like this)
Both heating sources controlled by Herpstat 2

1 hide on warm end, 1 on cool end

Ambient warm end - 81F
Ambient cool end - 79F
(measured by digital thermometer)

Warm end surface temperature - 90F (measured by infrared thermometer)

He is fed 1 small rat every ~10-14 days.

Some of my guesses for why this behaviour is occurring are that it's breeding season(?) as he also tried to escape at around this time last year and that his enclosure is too small for him (I have ordered a new 4' x 2' x 18" PVC enclosure which will be arriving in around 2 weeks). Any other thoughts on what could be causing this or what I could change to make him more comfortable in the mean time?