Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,817

0 members and 2,817 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Hybrid View

Thanks

PVC Enclosure Size.

Hello, I have had a female BP for about 6 weeks now. She is currently in a 10gal in which she fits perfectly. My fiancé offered to buy me a PVC enclosure for Christmas since I wanted to get one for when she needs to be moved to a larger enclosure. Here’s my dilemma, would a adult female be comfortable in the T4 from AP? Which I believe is the 36x24x15, or would she be more comfortable in the T8? Which is the 48x24x12. The reason I’m asking is because i want to know if an adult F BP has to be housed in the T8 to be comfortable with 2 hides and a water bowl, or would be she fine in the T4? Also, i wanted to just get the enclosure that that she can spend her adult life in. When she grows out of the 10 gal, would the T8 be too big even if i cluttered it with hides and other things to not allow for much open space? I just didn’t want to have to get the T4 for when she grows out of the 10 and then the 48 when she grows out of the 36, if she wouldn’t be comfortable in the 36 as an adult. Thank you!

Thanks

Re: PVC Enclosure Size.

Also, if I used heat tape for belly heat for the new enclosure would a heat panel work for ambient temps? I’m currently using a CHE for ambient temps and it actually isn’t killing my humidity as much as I thought. So would continued use of the CHE be okay for ambient temps, or the heat panel?
    Last edited by Jdrum6; 11-14-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

She’d probably be fine in the T4 but you could get the T8 with a divider and then take it out once she’s too big for half the enclosure. I do heat tape for belly heat and RHP for ambient when necessary in my divided T8. CHE will continue to work fine but you’ll need to have a screen installed to use it on a pvc cage. I’d go for an RHP and I recommend Pro Products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Jdrum6 (11-14-2020)

Thanks

Awesome! You’re a lifesaver! Thank you!