Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,318

1 members and 2,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Feeding Size Questions for BP

thank you for the warning! i really am trying to avoid feeding multiple prey at once, and knowing that the pinkies dont have much nutritional value anyways now, i think i will just size him up using the smallest out of the rat pups batch I have. He eats tomorrow so I will post how it goes afterwards.

Thanks

So I do have one fuzzy rat left, would it be ok to feed 1 fuzzy and 1 pinkie in the same feeding session? or should it be all the same size prey when feeding multiple? got a little confused

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I'd advise AGAINST doing this...you're inviting a regurgitation, because while pinks digest easily, the larger prey items won't- combined with a full tummy, the snake might easily up-chuck them all due to their digestive enzymes being over-taxed.

Also, you NEVER want to let much time elapse (more than 30 minutes) when feeding multiple items, for the very same reason: the first item is being digested, then there isn't quite enough digestive enzymes left for the later arriving one*, & back up it comes. You always want to avoid doing that which might cause the snake to regurgitate, because every now & then, they can even aspirate & die from this. Even if they don't, you won't be able to feed them again for 2-3 weeks while they recover (& regain enough enzymes). Okay? (*Keep in mind that digested prey moves on from the stomach, along with the enzymes used, so an item fed later cannot be digested.)

Nonono! I did not mean after/with the bigger prey!! I meant if the owner wanted to get rid of the pinkies before feeding bigger, just feeding pinkies! And I should have stated not to leave too much time between feeding multiple too D: my mistake!!

Thanks

Probably just the fuzzy then! He can have the bigger ones next time you feed him!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12