Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,743

3 members and 2,740 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Planned breeder female won’t feed?

Basically this year is my first year attempting to breed. I’ve had royals for 6 years now so I’m used to tricky feeders ext. my problem is I have a planned breeder female who will not eat right now and with only being a few weeks off pairing I wondered if this will become a problem. She is a decent weight of around 1500g and claims to be a 2016 or 2017 baby so is we’ll old enough. She is only a few decent meals away from being ready to breed for sure but I’m a bit concerned if she is refusing to eat Mabye she won’t even attempt to breed. Does anybody have anything Similar, Mabye she will start feeding properly once paired and knows she will need energy to ovulate. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Planned breeder female won’t feed?

I’ve had females go off of food, once they had a lock on them they went back to feeding immediately. They all also went on to lay clutches for me.

I’d say you can try pairing her, and see if she locks up and if that kicks her back into feeding.
    She won’t develop follicles and lay eggs if she doesn’t feel her body condition is right, so it wouldn’t hurt to try at least pairing once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a very enthusiastic young hobbyist that is excited to see what the future brings!

Thanks

Re: Planned breeder female won’t feed?

Quote Originally Posted by trnreptiles View Post
    I’ve had females go off of food, once they had a lock on them they went back to feeding immediately. They all also went on to lay clutches for me.

I’d say you can try pairing her, and see if she locks up and if that kicks her back into feeding.
    She won’t develop follicles and lay eggs if she doesn’t feel her body condition is right, so it wouldn’t hurt to try at least pairing once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Cheers man, that’s what I was hoping👍