Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 977

2 members and 975 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Talking Opinion on snake choices for a 28 at rack?

Hello all,
    So I'm in the middle of building a 28 qt rack. I have one 41 qt tub at the bottom because I know I want to get a female blue eyed lucy. But i have a list of snakes I had planned on adding to the rack. Mind you, I did do my research for each of these snakes I wrote down the requirements and I have matched them up to go smoothly with all the other species I have. So I'm asking for opinions, suggestions on snakes I might have not considered.
    The rack is going to have 1 41 qt tub, 6-8 28qt tubs and a single 40 gallon tank in the middle already currently installed holding my first and only snake currently Milo my ball python.
    Heres the list of snakes I was planning on adding to it
    Female cornsnake
    Male black rat snake
    Female mexican black kingsnake
    Female Hognose
    Male Milksnake (Likely a Nelson's. Still doing research on the less skittish milksnake I can get, suggestions are appreciated)
    For the very top
    Here are my options based on research
    Male short tailed python or bamboo rat snake (without the heat mat because the tubs are naturally 74 or so Fahrenheit. Or a heat mat controlled by a separate thermostat for as little heat as possible)
    And lastly a california kingsnake possibly.
    Any suggestions are appreciated, any criticism is welcome just no rudeness. I'm just seeking opinions on this rack choice. Looking for mostly terrestrial snakes, I don't expect all the snakes to behave like cupcakes and rainbows but I'm looking for reputable species that are normally easy to handle, and little to no food pickiness (but I have a ball python so I can handle some food pickiness)
    Thank you for your time!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    I believe the corn and MBK will outgrow 28qt tubs.

My Savu pythons are in 28 quart tubs and honestly they could go smaller. They are tiny.