Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,217

1 members and 1,216 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Repti fogger

Thanks

Repti fogger

I have a repti fogger that makes a awful racket. It's full of calcium buildup. How do I clean it?

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I would use some vinegar to descale the buildup, then rinse thoroughly. Also, are you using distilled water? The instructions state that using tap water can shorten the lifespan of the fogger. https://zoomed.com/wp-content/upload...structions.pdf

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skinnysethrogan For This Useful Post:

Spicey (12-09-2020)

Thanks

Re: Repti fogger

Quote Originally Posted by skinnysethrogan View Post
    I would use some vinegar to descale the buildup, then rinse thoroughly. Also, are you using distilled water? The instructions state that using tap water can shorten the lifespan of the fogger. https://zoomed.com/wp-content/upload...structions.pdf
    Thank you I tried it and the notice wasn't so bad but I'll try it again. I didn't have the manual it wasn't new when I got it with the snake. It was making noise then. And I and using spring water straight from the ground

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skinnysethrogan View Post
    This....^^^

A good multi hour soak in White Vinegar, maybe a few soaks...

And use Distilled Water, spring / well water will still have some minerals in it...

I have to run a humidifier in my snake room in the winter, tap & spring water made a mess with the minerals, everything gets a white dusting

Distilled water leaves no mess at all in the room and I have to wipe out the humidifier every couple weeks for an easy clean

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (12-18-2020),Parsons483 (12-18-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    This....^^^

A good multi hour soak in White Vinegar, maybe a few soaks...

And use Distilled Water, spring / well water will still have some minerals in it...

I have to run a humidifier in my snake room in the winter, tap & spring water made a mess with the minerals, everything gets a white dusting

Distilled water leaves no mess at all in the room and I have to wipe out the humidifier every couple weeks for an easy clean
    Never thought of that tho nothing in the tank has a dusting on it. Ill look into distilled water thank you and give it another good cleaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parsons483 View Post
    Never thought of that tho nothing in the tank has a dusting on it. Ill look into distilled water thank you and give it another good cleaning.

So it's not technically a "dusting" it's more hard water stains.. If you for example use just well or tap water in your misting bottles, you'll notice on glass tanks you start getting almost a white residue on the glass from the minerals in the water. As far as humidifiers depending on where you live you might see a reddish stain develop on the inside of it. That's why they tell you to use the distilled water to avoid it. Once you get that thing clean and swap water you shouldn't see those issues anymore.

Side note just to give you another example, you use that white vinegar to clean your coffee maker too for the same reason.
    Last edited by Hugsplox; 12-18-2020 at 04:04 PM.