Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,856

0 members and 2,856 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

My young ball python has stuck shed on her head & face

I apologise for writing a whole ‘story’ about this, but recently I went on a three day holiday and decided to leave my first young ball python , Ivy, at home. I had a family member check on her to while we were off. When we got back I saw that she had shed but she hadn’t gone into blue before that so I was a little confused as I wasn’t expecting it. All of her body had shed except her entire head & I thought it was just gonna take a little more time for it to come off. It’s been four days since we got back home and her head hasn’t made any progress whatsoever. I’ve tried soaking her and some other methods which I read would help, but nothings getting it off, so now I’m really concerned. Is there any other way I could help to get it off? Or should I try taking her to a professional / vet?
    Last edited by aalliyah; 10-30-2020 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Soak her again an have her crawl over an through a damp large body towel. A thirty minute soak is a good start. If it fails try it again in a day or two.

I let mine use the tub/shower. Others use a 15 gallon or so storage tub. Try what works best for you.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: My young ball python has stuck shed on her head & face

Quote Originally Posted by 303_enfield View Post
    Soak her again an have her crawl over an through a damp large body towel. A thirty minute soak is a good start. If it fails try it again in a day or two.

I let mine use the tub/shower. Others use a 15 gallon or so storage tub. Try what works best for you.

Good luck!
    As above plus I actually wrap them up in the towel and let them slither around inside .. .. you can even apply very gentle pressure to the worst areas of the snake .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro