Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,888

0 members and 2,888 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Ambient house temps

With winter here, we are struggling to maintain our ambient house temps without us getting a little too warm and toasty. We currently have 2 of the 4’x3’ show case cages for our bps. Have a rhp in one and ceramic bulb setup but it’s killing our humidity. The other one, the rhp just went out so only a ceramic bulb atm. Struggling to maintain 85 on the warm side and even then, not much of a gradient on the one without the rhp

What I’m wondering is this : has anyone ever tried / considered putting an electric blanket around their cages ? There are some nice ones on the market that have built in thermostats which can be set for a specific temp and have automatic cut offs after certain periods.
    mid I could get one that could be set for 75-80 degrees and I’m controlling my rhp / ceramic bulb with a thermostat, should be plenty safe.

Thanks
    I've been draping an electric blanket over my bin when it's too cold. I'm careful to not let it touch any wires or the heat pad. I would not be comfortable with leaving it on unattended. I couldn't tell you what brand it is since I already had it lying around. It has different heat settings so I can somewhat control it.