Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,919

4 members and 2,915 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Seal the top of the enclosure, and place a large water dish under the CHE.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    CHE will work day or night. In a 120 I would use three smaller CHE instead of one large one. Make a top or use foil to cover most of the screen top. So the top would be solid with O.....O....O. that would be if the CHE is on top. If you can find the right safety cage for a CHE you can hang it inside the cage an cover the top with R-Max foam board. Place a large water bowl under one of the CHE's. That will help a bunch. I'm slowly replacing all my glass with Animal Plastics. An ran CHE or heat lamps for years (1970's).

Any Reptiles shows in the Great White North near you? Somebody has to be making or carrying PVC cages. Or a sheet of PVC an a router an have at it.

Good luck!

Thanks

Re: How to use CHE without drying the enclosure?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooo View Post
    I live in Canada, is there a source for pvc here? I will add a humidity box and how it works. Should I be using CHE right now at night?
    I am Canadian as well It's a bit harder to find PVC enclosures up here and they are more expensive but the sellers I've found are:

https://www.cornelsworld.com/
    http://www.pvccages.ca/
    https://allreptiles.ca/

Currently it seems that only Cornel's World still has stock. I've tried contacting PVC Cages by phone and email as I am looking to upgrade but haven't gotten any response so they may be inactive due to Covid. Allreptiles is out of all except 24"x24"x12" PVC cages and that is too small for a BP.
    Last edited by Luvyna; 10-20-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks

Re: How to use CHE without drying the enclosure?

How much do pvc enclosures cost? Will it be more cost efficient then try to get right husbandry in a 120gallon? Or just move her into a 40 gallon?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Cost in US $$$:

https://apcages.com/

Cost efficient would depend on:
    1) Your skills.
    2) Long term use. PVC in the long run is cheaper then glass (heating). Up front (an ten years or so) glass wins.

I have glass an Animal Plastics. My T8's replace 125-175 tanks. PVC is much easier to clean, heat an get into. Heat panels outlast 1,000 CHE an cost less to run.

Glass works, it has for 100 years. It's just more work. In the dark cold Great White North I would think a glass an plywood tank would work well an still be cheap. Not much skill is needed to cut 4x8 sheets an screw them together. OK, some skill is needed to make it look clean an straight. A free 20GL tank would give you front glass.

If you search the forums you'll see some home made setups that are very nice. Same with glass an all the tricks to keep the heat in (foam board insulation).

Everything takes time an money. Only you will know what's right for you an your pet. Me, if I hit power ball for 90 mil, I building a reptile zoo (someplace warm)

Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12