Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,855

2 members and 2,853 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Animal Plastics T10 Questions

Hey folks! Seen a lot of talk about these enclosures lately but didn't want to hijack anyone's thread.

On the advice of several other users here, I ordered my BP a AP T10 with a Proheat 75w RHP, at the suggesting of Bob. I put my order in about a month ago and am semi-patiently waiting for it to get here. In the meantime, I was wondering with all the hype, how much easier is it to maintain temps and humidity vs. a glass enclosure? I live down in Georgia in the southeast U.S., and my relative humidity in my reptile room stays around 45%, so I have to mist pretty regularly everything that has a heat source on it, and while I didn't purchase the AP enclosure to get lazy with my car, I am curious as to how much less spraying I'll have to do when it gets here.

I also put in an order for a Herpstat 2 to control the RHP and a UTH. I know some folks say you don't need a UTH on these, but I prefer having two heat sources. I'd love to hear your experiences with all of these products and any tips and tricks you could offer a new keeper who's stepping up their enclosure game.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,484 Times in 2,683 Posts

Re: Animal Plastics T10 Questions

Be patient with AP. They make excellent enclosures but the long lead times can be frustrating. They’re still worth the wait imo. I have (4) T10s with the same RHPs that you’re getting. It’s your choice but the UTH really won’t be necessary. My RHPs give me a perfect basking spot and great ambient temps. The pvc enclosures hold heat and humidity very well. The only times I lightly mist my enclosures is when I see a snake prepping to shed or if I just want to change up their weather dynamics. I live in GA too and never worry about humidity with any of my snakes.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (10-13-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Be patient with AP. They make excellent enclosures but the long lead times can be frustrating. They’re still worth the wait imo. I have (4) T10s with the same RHPs that you’re getting. It’s your choice but the UTH really won’t be necessary. My RHPs give me a perfect basking spot and great ambient temps. The pvc enclosures hold heat and humidity very well. The only times I lightly mist my enclosures is when I see a snake prepping to shed or if I just want to change up their weather dynamics. I live in GA too and never worry about humidity with any of my snakes.
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I'm being patient with them I promise, I ordered a Zen Habitat enclosure for my bearded dragon earlier this year and their lead times were pretty long as well, so I'm use to it.

Is the RHP getting your warm hide a good temp as well, and what do you have your temps set to to accomplish what you're looking for? Sorry for all the questions, this will be my first time dealing with RHPs, and if I I'm just going with a RHP and no UTH I'll probably switch to a herpstat 1 instead of a 2 and drop those extra dollars in my emergency fund.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Animal Plastics T10 Questions

I have 8 AP units. Though 2 heat sources are not necessary I added both for two reasons: 1, options. 2, it’s much easier installing both when you are building the cage than to add afterwards. Plus, the UTH us inexpensive.

I keep my reptile room 78-81 depending upon the time of year. All of my snakes prefer the cool side. But when they are in the blue they will spend some time either basking or with the UTH. And every now and then they will get on the hot side to digest, but not always.
    Last edited by Reinz; 10-13-2020 at 01:09 PM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (10-13-2020),Hugsplox (10-13-2020),jmcrook (10-13-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    I have 8 AP units. Though 2 heat sources are not necessary I added both for two reasons: 1, options. 2, it’s much easier installing both when you are building the cage than to add afterwards. Plus, the UTH us inexpensive.

I keep my reptile room 78-81 depending upon the time of year. All of my snakes prefer the cool side. But when they are in the blue they will spend some time either basking or with the UTH. And every now and then they will get on the hot side to digest, but not always.
    Thanks Reinz,

I guess it's just a preference at the end of the day. The only difference is the $60 difference between a herpstat 1 and 2, which isn't enough for me to decide based on that. I'll probably end up running both just to keep things the same as the are now. I've seen a lot of talk that people get away with just the RHP, but I guess my concern is still, will the inside of the warm hide be hot enough for it to be considered a "hot spot." Right now my ambient is handled by a CHE and the hot spot is a UTH under the warm hide keeping it a nice 90 in there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Reinz (10-14-2020)