Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,014

2 members and 3,012 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Best pairing for Pastel Het Ghost

We have a male pastel het ghost ball python who we are considering breeding in the future (2-3 years) and are looking to purchase a female at an expo next month. We plan on doing a ton of research and have already started, but what morph do you think would be a good pairing?

Goals: low to no chance of normal, unique patterning/a lot of pattern. We like mojave, banana, GHI, pied, BEL, and ghost.

Like I said we plan to do a ton of research and already started so please don't comment saying "do more research." Animal care and comfort is our number one priority and we will not be backyard breeders. If you have a good source for research we will absolutely check it out. We will also be using a mentor for breeding.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Best pairing for Pastel Het Ghost

My thoughts:

If you intend to use a Pastel Het Ghost male as a breeder: in 2020 this only a little better than using a Normal...given that you do not plan to breed for 2-3 more years-this male will be obsolete. You should pick a project goal morph combo and then purchase females that will align with these objectives. Once these females are about a year out from breeding maturity: then go ahead and purchase the highest quality male that will match the genetics of your females to advance and/or complete/exceed your project goal(s).

If you are just breeding for 'fun' I would recommend using a female with at least Banana. The Banana morph and combos are always a popular seller in my area.
    Last edited by Lord Sorril; 10-08-2020 at 11:09 AM.
    *.* TNTC

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (10-08-2020),bcr229 (10-08-2020),GoingPostal (10-08-2020),Toad37 (10-08-2020)