Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,868

1 members and 2,867 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Anyone From Sweden that can educate me?

Hey all,

So long story short my wife and I are looking at moving to Sweden in the next 1 - 4 years around the Stockholm area. Everything I find search wise lists spatial requirements but not species laws. We know you can only import a specific number and are keeping the collection small accordingly and while I know BPs are alright I have not been able to find anything on retics or burmese. And yes, I am aware importing is expensive but were one of the oddballs I guess in that we would rather spend the money to import than recklessly re-home it like some do when they move lol. We are also aware of the typical housing issue (sublease) and have been saving rather heavily so we will be able to buy a house upon our move so that is not a problem.

On a side note, how is the reptile trade / availability there? Do you have shows or will we be struggling to find any once we get settled and looking to grow the collection?

Thanks!

(As a side note, Edit. Aside from a forum posts on here this is all we can find: )

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet...ttravel-sweden

https://djur.jordbruksverket.se/swed...680003157.html
    Last edited by Firebird; 10-01-2020 at 12:43 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.1 Platinum Purple Super Sunfire Retic
    1.0 Banana 66% Het Pied
    1.0 GHI
    1.0 Pewter Blast Leopard Spider

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Anyone From Sweden that can educate me?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Hey all,

So long story short my wife and I are looking at moving to Sweden in the next 1 - 4 years around the Stockholm area. Everything I find search wise lists spatial requirements but not species laws. We know you can only import a specific number and are keeping the collection small accordingly and while I know BPs are alright I have not been able to find anything on retics or burmese. And yes, I am aware importing is expensive but were one of the oddballs I guess in that we would rather spend the money to import than recklessly re-home it like some do when they move lol. We are also aware of the typical housing issue (sublease) and have been saving rather heavily so we will be able to buy a house upon our move so that is not a problem.

On a side note, how is the reptile trade / availability there? Do you have shows or will we be struggling to find any once we get settled and looking to grow the collection?

Thanks!

(As a side note, Edit. Aside from a forum posts on here this is all we can find: )

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet...ttravel-sweden

https://djur.jordbruksverket.se/swed...680003157.html
    I have a friend in Sweden who is a breeder. I know he works with morelia, lots of Aussie species. I don't believe he keeps retics or burns, but whether that's just his preference or not I'm not sure.

If you'd like I can copy/paste your questions and contact him? He's very eager to help whenever I have questions for him. I'm sure he'd be happy to answer your questions.

Let me know, I'll hit him up if you'd like.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-01-2020),jmcrook (10-01-2020)

Thanks
    That would be awesome. Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.0 Banana 66% Het Pied
    1.0 GHI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Firebird For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-01-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Ok, I heard back...

Burms and retics are perfectly legal. They have put caging restrictions in place however. Apparently the caging restrictions are "pretty ridiculous" and geared towards discouraging people from keeping the giants. But they are legal.

As for expos, there is one big one in the Stockholm area, which he says is the best one.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to reach out and he's happy to help.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-04-2020),Spicey (10-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanks!
    1.0 Banana 66% Het Pied
    1.0 GHI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Firebird For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (10-04-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Very welcome. He said he's happy to answer any questions you have. So feel free to ask.