I've had my little girl for almost a year now. She was sick when I got her with an RI, but we got that all cleared up and she was doing fine for a long time. Two weeks ago I noticed that she was starting to act a little odd. She pooped twice in two days and was roaming her cage. Usually she just stays in her cool side hide unless she is in shed, then she moves to the warm side (sometimes she goes to the warm side after she eats, but it's rare). Then, I noticed she was pushing against the sides and the top of the cage with her face. I got really worried when I saw some blood in her mouth and took her to the vet. She had another RI and they treated her with antibiotic shots every few days for about a week and a half. She started looking much better.

About four days after her last shot she started roaming again. Then she started pushing again! I checked her mouth and there was a little mucus, but not enough for me to be overly concerned. I still made an appointment with the vet, but it's not until Thursday. I'm going to list the few things I've tried, and if anyone has any input I would be grateful for it. I just can't figure out what she is so worked up over.

Fed her on 9/19 weaned rat

Cage temps right now: warm side is 85.4f ambient with a heat mat staying about 90-92f as a basking spot for her. Cool side ambient is 79-80f ambient, and when I check with a temp gun it's about 78ish. I've tried upping the temp a bit and that really upset her. I lowered it back down and she seems happier now, still roaming though. Just not as much pushing.

Humidity: 49-60% she got really upset when the humidity was above 60%, so I lowered it to around 55%. She calmed down a lot after that, but then she started roaming all over again. Seems like the more I let her cage dry out the more she calms down, but I'm worried about letting the humidity fall too low.

Her new T8 cage from Animal Plastics should be coming in soon and I'll be hooking up a radiant heat panel to that. I'm hoping that will keep more consistent temps for her. Is there anything else you guys would recommend to try? She seems like she is doing a tiny bit better, but I hate that she is pushing so much. I still have that appointment with the vet, but I can't help but think it's something I'm doing wrong and not an RI.