Good Morning/Evening all!

New BP Dad here, and i have some questions regarding how active my new family member is. ills tart with my set up/temps and the little guys age, etc. He is in a 20 gal long, the cold side is a constant 77 on the cool side, and his hot side ranges from 88 to 92.4 right now. I am using a fluker's 12 watt 11x11 inch heat mat as well as a 65 watt ceramic heat bulb in a wire lamp socket on a lamp stand. He has a hide on both sides and a water dish in the middle (if need be i can provide photos.) Three of the sides of the tank are covered using a forest background. I am also using cypress mulch for his bedding.

For the snake himself, he was hatched on 7/23/2020, so he is almost 2 months old. I am not sure about his weight, but I can definitely email/call the breeder in the morning and ask. He last fed on Thursday September 10th on a live rat pup, and I received him Tuesday September 15th.

My question is regarding his somewhat very active behavior at night. During the day he alternates hides for sleeping or just hiding and most nights he sits on the hide on his hot side partially under the ceramic heat bulb. However tonight he has been roaming and mostly trying to investigate the screen top of the cage. Is this normal for a new BP male hatchling? Should I offer a meal tomorrow and see if he is roaming because he is hungry? Is something about his setup causing him stress? Or am I just being paranoid as a new owner?

Any answers and advice are welcome to me.