Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,835

2 members and 2,833 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    A few updates here. I spoke with AP and they are going to send all new glass doors and new bottom tracks in case I need them too. They looked at the picture above and immediately said they'd send them out ASAP (today or tomorrow). She said they had outsourced some of the glass work and were supposed to be inspecting them all for quality control, but some badly cut ones must have made it through.

For those curious, it took just over 20 weeks for my cages to arrive and another 1 week for the bad glass to arrive. This was against a roughly 18 week, early COVID estimate.

For the cage - more hides and greenery will be added.

Substrate - any strong opinions? Newspaper in there now, but I've been using cypress mulch with my corn snake. I have more cypress, but considering trying one of the coconut husk products.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Critique my new enclosure - AP T12

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_MD View Post
    A few updates here. I spoke with AP and they are going to send all new glass doors and new bottom tracks in case I need them too. They looked at the picture above and immediately said they'd send them out ASAP (today or tomorrow). She said they had outsourced some of the glass work and were supposed to be inspecting them all for quality control, but some badly cut ones must have made it through.

For those curious, it took just over 20 weeks for my cages to arrive and another 1 week for the bad glass to arrive. This was against a roughly 18 week, early COVID estimate.

For the cage - more hides and greenery will be added.

Substrate - any strong opinions? Newspaper in there now, but I've been using cypress mulch with my corn snake. I have more cypress, but considering trying one of the coconut husk products.
    Glad to hear they sorted that out so quickly. Their customer service is outstanding in spite of their crazy lead times.

As for substrate, whatever works best for you honestly. I'm a big fan of coco husk chips but haven't used it for a couple years because my humidity generally does fine with aspen, as I live in Mississippi. I'll switch back and forth on occasion. Coco husk looks nicer than aspen, but it's easier for me to spot waste on aspen. I'd try a few options and see what works best for you and your critters.

Thanks
    This is why I love AP. Their customer service is absolutely amazing. With that said, a 6 month lead time is quite a long time so I completely understand why someone would go with someone else. When I ordered mine some years ago, lead was 6-8 weeks.

Regarding substrate, I personally use Prococo coconut husk which gives me the humidity that I'm looking for but as jmcrook pointed out, all depends what works best for you.
    Last edited by Mr. Misha; 09-15-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Misha For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (09-15-2020)

Thanks
    Agreed about the AP customer service. The new glass arrived on Friday and it works great.

I think I'm just about done with this setup:
    • Maybe some more plant clutter over time.
    • Maybe trying different substrates as she does NOT like the cypress and it's driving the humidity way too high (90% max). I'm letting it air out whenever possible, but if she doesn't take to it, then I'll try something else.
    • Maybe figure out a way to fix a hide on to the shelf. She loves the one up there, but it's just loosely sitting there now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12