So. I upgraded my terrariums into vivariums and went the extra step of installing water fountains in both tanks... made it look all nice, planted crap around it... but didn't think to preserve easy filter/pump access... two weeks in and Algae is taking over, slowing the pumps in both tanks... i still provide a clean water dish in the tanks on opposite side of the fountain and I do see the bps drinking from there, not the fountain, in all fairness, that really was the idea. The water fixture was meant more for soaking than drinking as both bps love going under the faucet during prolonged sheds...

Here's the question after my 20 page monolog... are there any algaecides that are safe for ball pythons? I found a bunch of pet safe ones but not fish, or fish but not pet, turtle but not shrimp, shrimp but not pet (cats/dogs)... all of this has me super confused... i don't think either of the snakes would be drinking the fountain water, but they very well may from time to time, and for sure would put their heads under it, as its been done ready when I had it on before algae took over...