Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,941

2 members and 2,939 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

First EVER clutch!

Hey guys, my name is Corey and I've been obsessed with ball pythons since I was about 10 years old. I used to check out books at the libraries and read all about them. I bought my first ball python when I was 11 and was determined that I would eventually have a whole room of them and I would breed them and it would be like my own snake farm. Here I am almost 20 years later and that very first ball python (Normal) I purchased for 30 bucks at a local pet store laid 8 healthy for our first clutch ever.

This is Reeses sitting on eggs back in June.

The father of the clutch is Helios, an OD Firefly

The clutch was due to pip on Aug 7th and I cut the clutch on the 2nd due to a couple eggs being pretty dimpled. Here is the clutch after coming completely out of the egg on their own, after the first shed and after I put them in their own bins with cocoblox. I have to be honest I can't tell what all genes a couple of them have. I would love anyones advise or opinions on which animals have which genes. But as far as I can tell I have as follows...
    One Normal
    One Fire
    One OD
    What I believe is an OD Firefly like the father
    Possibly another OD Firefly or maybe just OD pastel...? Definite OD in there and a fair amount of blushing.
    I'm thinking this is yet another OD Firefly
    This one is a little different than the previous 3 but still see some oranges in there and think it might prove out to be the 3 gener as well.
    The last one I'm pretty certain is Firefly, maybe just pastel with a lot of vlushing... don't know if the OD got in this one or not either.

I don't know what the odds are on hitting 5 animals with all 3 genes in them but that would be insane! Let me know what you guys think!

Any help always appreciated and that you all for taking the time to read my post. Hope all is well with you all in these times and I guess all that's left to say is.. All Aboooaaard the Balls Express. Ehh.. maybe it'll catch on.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Balls Express For This Useful Post:

cincy (10-08-2020),rlditmars (08-29-2020)