Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,879

2 members and 2,877 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: New keeper and ambient temprature

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    I'm glad you brought that up I was actually going to ask. I've seen some back and forth about smaller BPs in big enclosures specifically when I started looking into the T10. Some folks say it's a no no but others have said it's cool if you have enough clutter. I think I'd like to go with a RHP and I'm wondering if the divider would interfere with that.
    Yea, everyone has different way of keeping so you'll get different opinions on the matter. It all comes down to what works for you and your animal.

I'm currently running a Reptile Basics 80 watt RHP and it fits perfectly on one side so you shouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Yea, everyone has different way of keeping so you'll get different opinions on the matter. It all comes down to what works for you and your animal.

I'm currently running a Reptile Basics 80 watt RHP and it fits perfectly on one side so you shouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So the more and more I watch my humidity fluctuate, even though it's way more stable than it was, the more I think I need to just go ahead and pull the trigger on a AP enclosure and tough it out for the few months it'll take to get. Last question I promise. The T10 looks like the way to go, and I'm just going to have them install a RHP for me. Do you have any issues with the RHP drying out the enclosure? Also does the RHP do a good job keeping both the ambient temp up AND keeping your warm hide at the appropriate temp? I ask that because it doesn't seem like you can use a UTH on these because the pvc is so thick, but I may just need to be educated lol.

Thanks

So the more and more I watch my humidity fluctuate, even though it's way more stable than it was, the more I think I need to just go ahead and pull the trigger on a AP enclosure and tough it out for the few months it'll take to get. Last question I promise. The T10 looks like the way to go, and I'm just going to have them install a RHP for me. Do you have any issues with the RHP drying out the enclosure? Also does the RHP do a good job keeping both the ambient temp up AND keeping your warm hide at the appropriate temp? I ask that because it doesn't seem like you can use a UTH on these because the pvc is so thick, but I may just need to be educated lol.

Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you have, that's the whole point of this forum.

Also, don't overthink it. If your humidity fluctuates between 40-60, you're fine. Unless your BP is shedding, you don't need to have constant high humidity.

The RHP doesn't dry out the enclosure at all. The humidity will depend of what kind of bedding you're using though. I personally use the Coconut Husk and it works out great. The RHP does a great job at providing ambient temps. With that being said, size does matter so make sure you get the right wattage. Also, it's not always going to be on. So if you're looking for that constant "hot spot", you're not going to get it. AP enclosures do have a cut-out for UTH probe underneath so you can install one. You will have to play with the temp, but it absolutely possible to heat it up. Personally, I don't a "hot spot", just ambient temp of about 82 but that goes back to the notion of everyone doing things what work for them.

At the same time invest in a proportional thermostat. I personally have the Spyder Robotics Herpstat, but there's other ones as well.
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you have, that's the whole point of this forum.

Also, don't overthink it. If your humidity fluctuates between 40-60, you're fine. Unless your BP is shedding, you don't need to have constant high humidity.

The RHP doesn't dry out the enclosure at all. The humidity will depend of what kind of bedding you're using though. I personally use the Coconut Husk and it works out great. The RHP does a great job at providing ambient temps. With that being said, size does matter so make sure you get the right wattage. Also, it's not always going to be on. So if you're looking for that constant "hot spot", you're not going to get it. AP enclosures do have a cut-out for UTH probe underneath so you can install one. You will have to play with the temp, but it absolutely possible to heat it up. Personally, I don't a "hot spot", just ambient temp of about 82 but that goes back to the notion of everyone doing things what work for them.

At the same time invest in a proportional thermostat. I personally have the Spyder Robotics Herpstat, but there's other ones as well.

Maybe I should just take a breather and see how things go for a bit then lol. I'm sitting in the 80s right no and at 57% on the hot end 65% on the cool end. I think I'm just stressing because my other animals are low humidity so I don't have to worry about it. I keep crested geckos as well, but of course they don't need heat so I can just spray them once a day and they sit in the 70-80% range all day and night. I'll keep an eye on it over the long weekend and maybe reevaluate next week.

Thanks so much for all your advice by the way, this forum is fantastic!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Mr. Misha (09-06-2020)

Thanks

Maybe I should just take a breather and see how things go for a bit then lol.
    Yea, don't stress yourself out too much over the humidity. As long as your temps are on point, you're good. Once you see your BP going into shed, you can bump up humidity or put some damp sphagnum moss in his hides and call it a day.
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

New keeper and ambient temprature

Yea, don't stress yourself out too much over the humidity. As long as your temps are on point, you're good. Once you see your BP going into shed, you can bump up humidity or put some damp sphagnum moss in his hides and call it a day.
    Yeah I’m of that feeling as well ..

I spray the vivs when I remember but I spray daily if one goes into shed and then as soon as it’s eyes clear and it gets the colour back I up the spraying two or three times daily- 100% perfect sheds each time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 09-05-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234