Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,867

0 members and 2,867 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: (Semi) newbie here with many, MANY questions!

Hi, if you install a light, I'd definitely add some sort of timer so it's off during the night.

In regards to the temps, I'd speak with the breeder regarding this and coordinate accordingly. Ideally, the shipping will overnight your BP so hopefully there shouldn't be any issues. With that said, you also will have to speak with the breeder regarding shipping, considering some packages are taking longer to get where they need to go.
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Misha For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-31-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Hi, if you install a light, I'd definitely add some sort of timer so it's off during the night.

In regards to the temps, I'd speak with the breeder regarding this and coordinate accordingly. Ideally, the shipping will overnight your BP so hopefully there shouldn't be any issues. With that said, you also will have to speak with the breeder regarding shipping, considering some packages are taking longer to get where they need to go.
    Whenever I can manage to get back in contact with the guy anyway. He said he would alert me when the snake did his shed (which most definitely should have happened by now seeing as it's been exactly a week since I got the new pic of him in deep blue) but I haven't gotten any new messages since our initial exchange. Sent him a text this afternoon politely asking if the snake has shed yet but no reply, hopefully he'll see it tomorrow.

I don't believe I've been scammed or anything, it's Chun Ku of Dynasty Reptiles and I've heard nothing but praises of his company and he's been quick and concise when I asked for pics and information otherwise. Still though, the wait is getting to me.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about it considering it seems like you picked a large breeder. Be patient, don't forget that these guys are not spending their whole day on their computer.

With that said, you always want to make sure that you're paying either by credit card or PayPal so if you are scammed, you can charge back the transaction.
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    I know I know. It's just the "first time jitters" if you will, so I'm anxious.

And I did pay through Paypal so worst case scenario I'm covered.

Thanks
    I really admire the amount of time and effort that you've spent researching and learning about these animals. That speaks volumes to the care that your snake is going get. Everything looks great and congrats on the new family member!

I also strongly suggest looking into a PVC or front opening enclosure when he gets bigger. Your setup now is great, but you'd be surprised at how quickly you get tired of lifting the screen off the tank. I personally have my hatching bp in a 10gal tank and I hate it lol. All my other snakes are in front opening enclosures and I'm not sure how I lived without them. Smart plugs were also a gamechanger for me. I use LED light strips or fixtures in my enclosures and I have them all hooked up to a smart plug or 2. Makes it nice and easy to set day/night cycles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SushiRoll View Post
    I really admire the amount of time and effort that you've spent researching and learning about these animals. That speaks volumes to the care that your snake is going get. Everything looks great and congrats on the new family member!

I also strongly suggest looking into a PVC or front opening enclosure when he gets bigger. Your setup now is great, but you'd be surprised at how quickly you get tired of lifting the screen off the tank. I personally have my hatching bp in a 10gal tank and I hate it lol. All my other snakes are in front opening enclosures and I'm not sure how I lived without them. Smart plugs were also a gamechanger for me. I use LED light strips or fixtures in my enclosures and I have them all hooked up to a smart plug or 2. Makes it nice and easy to set day/night cycles.
    I can already tell it's going to be a hassle removing the clamps, lifting the lid while being mindful of the lamp, and then when I put it back shifting the wires around so they poke through the corners, repositioning the aluminum panels and putting the clamps back on, but it's what I have to work with right now. At any rate don't worry, it won't be his home forever.

I did briefly consider getting a PVC setup to begin with but for one thing, I didn't want to start with a full-sized setup considering the controversy of putting a baby in too large of an enclosure (already pushing it with the 30 gallon but I put in extra litter to compensate). That and if I'm going to put him in an enclosure that he's eventually going to move out of, might as well simply modify something I already have.

Thanks
    Breeder messaged me this afternoon. My baby banana boy is coming home tomorrow!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (09-02-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    Breeder messaged me this afternoon. My baby banana boy is coming home tomorrow!
    Sweet! I want to see some unboxing photos!
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Sweet! I want to see some unboxing photos!
    You bet.

Still don't have a name for him though. Or rather, a set one. I've been bouncing two or three around in my head for weeks but at this point I think I'll wait until he gets here and hopefully I'll get that moment where the right name just clicks.

Thanks

He's here! Came in later than expected but he was warm and is extremely curious. Most videos I've seen the baby is all wrapped up and (understandably) scared. Not this guy.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Mr. Misha (09-03-2020)

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast