Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,830

1 members and 2,829 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: (Semi) newbie here with many, MANY questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    I've started to notice he pokes his head out like the pic in the previous post in direct response to my presence half the time. Today I even saw him physically move his head out from his hide when I approached the glass.

It's neat that he recognizes me, but something tells me it's more out of "Oh do you have food?" than anything else. It's like a much more subtle version of the attention I get from my fish lol.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    I concur ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    So that weird "scratch" on his belly I brought up a while ago? It took me until yesterday to realize that it's just his belly button.

Still learning my way around the basics it would seem.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

(Semi) newbie here with many, MANY questions!

So that weird "scratch" on his belly I brought up a while ago? It took me until yesterday to realize that it's just his belly button.

Still learning my way around the basics it would seem.
    Don’t be too hard on yourself .. I had no idea they even had belly buttons !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 11-21-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks

Well what me and my boyfriend did was take a tank that was really tall and turned it on it side and used j channel to make a track and used plexie to make sliding doors and the command hooks to latch the doors in place. It turned out great and you could keep the tank you have. Cluttering it would be a good idea though.

Thanks
    All's been going well so far; eating well, looking well, behaving well, really about the last challenge to go will be switching him to rats which I'll try once he reaches the 200 gram mark (which he's really close to, currently at 175 and should breach it by the time his current mouse supply is done).

However I've started looking into new housing for the future. Would like to get a T8 from Animal Plastics (especially because dealing with the humidity imbalance is getting tiresome), but the question is how long should I wait until he's old enough to feel comfortable in larger digs? A year old or so I'm assuming? He's already at 5 months and with how long they take to ship I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to order one relatively soon, and the T8 model is currently on sale to boot.

Thanks

It continues to amaze me how compact snakes can make themselves (though I with BALL pythons I guess it'd go without saying that it's their specialty).

Zebes is around 2 feet long yet here he is neatly fitting in my palm.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    With the onset of winter and indoor heating, it's become a daily struggle to keep humidity levels up. The highest I can keep it at is 50% at best by soaking half the substrate in warm water before it dips back into the 30's in 24 hours. And I don't want to soak it too much either since you know, scale rot (I already take precaution and don't wet the area around the hide he spends most of his time in).

I still have the humidity box in there and I've yet to see him use it again since his last shed and he's eating as eagerly as ever so it's clearly not bothering him thus far at least.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

With the onset of winter and indoor heating, it's become a daily struggle to keep humidity levels up. The highest I can keep it at is 50% at best by soaking half the substrate in warm water before it dips back into the 30's in 24 hours. And I don't want to soak it too much either since you know, scale rot (I already take precaution and don't wet the area around the hide he spends most of his time in).

I still have the humidity box in there and I've yet to see him use it again since his last shed and he's eating as eagerly as ever so it's clearly not bothering him thus far at least.
    A room humidifier placed near his cage would likely help.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    A room humidifier placed near his cage would likely help.
    Problem is he lives in the basement and my mom doesn't want more humidity down here. The only ending solution would be to get a PVC enclosure and that won't be until next year when he's big enough for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Get a plastic bowl or Tupperware tub of soaked sphagnum moss and put it in the enclosure. I keep a tub of soaked moss under my Radiant Heat Panel and that moisture evaporates and raises the humidity throughout the entire enclosure. Your substrate stays dry so no concerns of scale rot. You'll just have to re-soak the moss every few days as it dries out.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast