Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,813

1 members and 2,812 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Ringer BP?

Thanks

Ringer BP?

So I bought a 100% het lavender and 50% het pied normal. I still love him because he's a really sweet snake.
    If I breed later down the road (it won't be for a long, long time if I ever do) it'd be nice to know if my boy is certainly het pied.
    He has some blushing on his head, which could be the influence of either lavender or pied.
    He has some unusual markings near his belly. All of his browns and blacks very smoothly transition to his white belly, while there's certain spots that do not.
    Here's some pictures, I apologize for my awful camera. I tried to get the best pics I could.
    (that's a creepy smile on the second image O-O oops)
    I learned that het pieds sometimes have ringer, or some form of paradox. I'm wondering if this is it. It's certainly unique and I haven't seen it before.

Last edited by Kingdomall; 08-07-2020 at 06:38 AM.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Ringer BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomall View Post
    If I breed later down the road (it won't be for a long, long time if I ever do) it'd be nice to know if my boy is certainly het pied.
    Even if you were told your male was 100% het pied: If you crossed him to anything other than a pied female than you would have a definite chance of not proving him out until your second or third egg clutch.
    He has some blushing on his head, which could be the influence of either lavender or pied.
    Lavender Albino and Pied can both increase blushing in the Het Form--no help there.
    I learned that het pieds sometimes have ringer, or some form of paradox.
    Yes, sometimes they do, however, ringers, paradoxing, train tracks on the underbelly---these are only clues---they are not a guarantee. There are other genes that can have the same effect. If you bought your snake from a reputable breeder and it had a giant solid white ringer all the way around a section of its body then it would be a safe guess, but, still a guess that it is not an unrelated paradox marking.
    I'm wondering if this is it. It's certainly unique and I haven't seen it before.
    I don't see it: Definitely need better photos.

And yes, that smile is super creepy in the second photo!
    Last edited by Lord Sorril; 08-07-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    *.* TNTC

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

dr del (08-07-2020),Igotsmallballs (08-07-2020)