Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 494

0 members and 494 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts
    Isn't it amazing what we "snake-lovers" put ourselves through to keep them happy, or just eating & alive? Talk about patience...

And they show such "gratitude" too. I love the hand-chomping photo above.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (01-26-2022),CloudtheBoa (09-16-2021)

BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Re: My New Garter Group

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Isn't it amazing what we "snake-lovers" put ourselves through to keep them happy, or just eating & alive? Talk about patience...

And they show such "gratitude" too. I love the hand-chomping photo above.
    Right. Those garter litters got so much labor put into them. And yeah, she’s hilarious. She bites me whether she’s in shed or not, just gotta handle her more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    Right. Those garter litters got so much labor put into them. And yeah, she’s hilarious. She bites me whether she’s in shed or not, just gotta handle her more.

So much for gratitude.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (09-18-2021)

Thanks

So much for gratitude.
    Right. lmao I enjoy it all, though.
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-18-2021)

Thanks

Unfortunately I ended up losing one of the females from the CB group, I suspect cannibalism. The one female was suspiciously lumpy despite no meal. I then also lost the pale male right before my move to SC, so I will never have a chance to find him again. I forgot to latch his feeding enclosure, and he got out. The second time he specifically got out, the first time he got pretty messed up by one of our cats. Healed up just fine and I thought that would be the last of it. Nope.

So, of the CB group, I just have the 1.1 unrelated pair. Those 2 are doing very well, although they remain fairly picky and often refuse to eat anything offered. As such, they’re still fairly small, though the male is bigger. I do need to get recent pics though. They are both eating 2 fuzzy mice each, preferably every week, but I’m lucky if they take that once a month.

I also found one of the males in the poss het caramel group passed away a week or two ago. The female is huge now, same size as Summer the big WC. She’s eating rat pups, and I also need a recent pic as she’s grown a ton since her last pics.

I also got a trio of checkered garters I haven’t added to this group yet. I started out with a normal dh albino granite from a high green female. Gorgeous girl with popping colors. Unfortunately, she escaped soon after my move and I haven’t seen her since. The building is too far away for a wifi camera, and I’ve been ruffling through things and lifting debris around the outside of the building to no avail. She’s been gone a few months now.

I also have an albino granite that went missing for about 4 months before my move. I didn’t close her feeding container properly , so now I also latch the containers inside their normal enclosure as a back up measure. I caught her on camera a couple weeks after she got out, but the camera was set to motion tracking and I missed my shot. I kept loo for her, though, constantly going underneath the trailer with a head lamp and looking under debris and up inside the underside where I saw her. I didn’t see her again until a few days before our move was finalized, and she was crawling out of the side of the trailer to get a drink during a downpour. She’s stayed put since and is now exploding in growth. She was smaller than the other 2 when I got her, and now she’s bigger than the other of the remaining 2.

The last of the trio is a dh albino axanthic from the new project being proven out. He came to me willing to eat mice, but 2 feedings in and he stopped taking them. So I went to offering tilapia twice a week, but now that he’s lagging behind the female, I’m assist feeding him mouse pink parts, and maybe he’ll go back to eating them. I hate assist feeding with a passion, but with him being a carrier for a potential new morph, I’m not going to let him lag behind a few years like I normally do if I can help it.

Then again, I am debating on if I want to keep breeding garters. They are escaping way too frequently, and are the only snakes I have escaping constantly.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-14-2023),Homebody (08-14-2023)

Thanks
    Those are gorgeous snakes- sorry to hear about your losses though, & yeah, they're such slim & tiny snakes, they make great escape artists. Kinda picky eaters, that's a hassle too. Still I hope you have better luck from now on.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (08-14-2023)

Thanks

Those are gorgeous snakes- sorry to hear about your losses though, & yeah, they're such slim & tiny snakes, they make great escape artists. Kinda picky eaters, that's a hassle too. Still I hope you have better luck from now on.
    Thanks. It definitely got really disheartening to constantly be down a garter for one reason or another. I need to find a rack system that can house them.

And yesss, so picky! Even good eaters eventually go through a picky period. My sanity can’t handle constantly assist feeding, so I usually wait for them to pick back up and go back to growing. Even if it takes a couple years, they get there.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-14-2023)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123