Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,688

1 members and 2,687 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Thought I should share this.

I can tell you are a very wise man Craiga so I’ll take this opportunity to learn from your words and experience. I shouldn’t have said “constant” 60% as my humidistat is set at a 7.5% interval (kicks on at 52.5%). After it shuts off at 60% the reading continues to rise another 2-3% so it’s really a constant fluctuation of 52.5% to 62.5%. Except when I bump it all up another 2.5% when she’s in shed. I guess I should chill out. I hope I didn’t seem like I was up in my high horse.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vegan.Hiker For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-03-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan.Hiker View Post
    I can tell you are a very wise man Craiga so I’ll take this opportunity to learn from your words and experience. I shouldn’t have said “constant” 60% as my humidistat is set at a 7.5% interval (kicks on at 52.5%). After it shuts off at 60% the reading continues to rise another 2-3% so it’s really a constant fluctuation of 52.5% to 62.5%. Except when I bump it all up another 2.5% when she’s in shed. I guess I should chill out. I hope I didn’t seem like I was up in my high horse.
    Ha! Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

You definitely didn't come off like you're on a high horse at all. It's obvious you have the best of intentions and want the best for your pet. I respect that.

I don't try to sound like a "know-it-all" because I'm miles away from knowing it all, not by a long shot. I learn new stuff every day. I do find it helps sometimes to elaborate and share hands on experience rather than just saying "do it this way cause I said so..." though.

You don't need to chill it at all, it shows you care. I honestly just wanted to help you understand that a little fluctuation is ok, in hopes that you can worry a bit less and enjoy your pet more rather than stressing over it. We bought snakes to enjoy them right?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with striving for perfection, that's admirable. I can already tell your snake will be in good hands with you for years to come. So don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-03-2020),Vegan.Hiker (08-03-2020)

Thanks

Through everyone on this forum I’ve learned an insane amount of knowledge. I’ve been keeping for about 5 years and researched for years on these amazing animals. It’s through trial and error and experience that I have learned what’s best for my animals, every situation, animal, and living conditions because of location varies...I’m in central Florida so humidity isn’t an issue too much. But I’m also going Bioactive on almost all Vivs so I can’t really compare. Everyone is thriving and healthy, take everyone’s experience and your own research and trial and error and learn and grow from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-06-2020)

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On humidifiers being required....

This is only is when where you live has lower humidity. I live in a place the the humidity is always at or above needed. So I don't have a humidifier as it is not needed.
    - Mason

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-06-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    On humidifiers being required....

This is only is when where you live has lower humidity. I live in a place the the humidity is always at or above needed. So I don't have a humidifier as it is not needed.
    Same. I actually switched to aspen bedding after moving to MS because trying to keep cypress or coco bedding dry enough got really old really fast. I’ll mist once or twice during shed out of old habit but I’ve tried foregoing it out of curiosity and had zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12