I have an Animal Plastics t10 that I keep my first ball python in. It has a Pro Products rhp, 2 water dishes (1 on hot 1 on cool) and 2 hides (1 on hot 1 on cool) and a branch for her to slither over. I have the Herpstat set at 90 for most of the day with 2 Acurite gauges in there to quick read the temp/humidity on each end. The probe is in the floor, pretty much under the middle spot of the rhp. The gradient is roughly 90 to about 80 and the humidity I aim to keep around 55-60%, which fluctuates a little here and there.

I purchased a 2nd enclosure that's made locally and is a clone of the Animal Plastics. The only difference is the color is white instead of black and has glass instead of plexiglass panels. I put the exact same Pro Products panel in and it's in pretty much the same location. The probe is in the floor, just about under the middle point of the rhp just like in the other. I have 2 water dishes in the same setup, though smaller dishes because it's for a smaller ball python, and 2 smaller hides. I have the Herpstat for it set to 90 as well and it's currently reading 93.9 on the Herpstat display with 0% power going to it because the probe is reading higher than the setting. Even though the probe is reading 93.9, the Acurite on that side is reading only 80 degrees and the cool side is reading 78. The hot side is reading 58% and the cool side 62%. Assuming the humidity stays there I'm fine, though I'm curious why the probe and gauge are reading so different. It's had all night and afternoon to normalize but is still off.

I have the 2 stacked on top of each other. Do you think the rhp on the lower enclosure (which is currently having power sent to it to maintain a setting) is warming the floor a little of the upper enclosure, causing the probe to read higher than it actually is in there? I want this to normalize so I can house a snake with proper husbandry settings.