Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,360

1 members and 2,359 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

View Poll Results: Which Godess should I name her after?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yemaya

1 100.00%
  • Ala

0 0%
    Thanks

New Snake (100% Het pied pastave leo). I need a vote between two names...

The names I picked are between Yemaya (<-- synchronized way to spell her name without the accent... so it makes it easier for the vet):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yem%E1%BB%8Dja

Goddess of rivers, fertility and Beauty from Yoruba tribe in Nigeria, since Ball pythons range into Nigeria. Herr patterning looks a bit like a river also.

She has blue eyes, as you can see, and is very curious and attentive.

And Ala, Goddess of Beauty, Death, Birth, and Pythons (lol Ball Pythons )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ala_(odinani)

And she looks like this: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...-2683-2683.jpg

I name all my snakes after Gods and Heroic figures, usually from the region, or close to it.

The personality of this snake...

When I got her out of the box, she flicked her tongue at me, didn't hiss and then promptly wrapped her self around my wrist. Didn't like the new enclosure, so I got her water (She didn't flick her tongue, as if she knew what I was doing--she flicked her tongue for everything else), but I wanted to put reptisafe in it, but she turned her head back to the bathroom where the water dish was, as if in disappointment, then quickly realized I was grabbing something, and then when I put in the drops, I lowered her and then she drank the water a few times. I carried her water bowl, but she wasn't done yet, so while I was carrying her on my wrist, lowered herself in the water. I put the water bowl into the enclosure and she had wriggled most of the way out into the cold water, deemed it too cold, started climbing my leg. (last picture), so I supported her back up so she could get warm.

She rejected the hide, so I stuffed some paper towels in while she was wrapped around my wrist again, and then I showed her the hide and then she deemed it worthy, squirmed in, then a few minutes later (I had to move a few things around), squirmed out again, looked at me like, "heat pad? really, hooman? Where is it?" I moved the enclosure and closed the lid. Right now she's exploring the enclosure and drinking more water. I suppose it was hot. Definitely a curious type compared to some of the other ball pythons I have.

Yeah, so which Goddess should I name her after?

She's BTW, a 100% het pied, Pastel, mojave, leopard ball python, from what the seller said. I have a 100% het pied male (Seller said he was pissy, and he likes to front a lot), A normal male (High blushing and yellow fade), and a pastel male with a dominant yellow fade (which I produced from a normal with a yellow fade and a pastel--the yellow fade is dominant and shows up in almost all the offspring and is great for brightening up yellow morphs. He's part of my ring backed normals project.) that I can try with her once she grows. I think she's absolutely gorgeous. So I want a good name for her.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: New Snake (100% Het pied pastave leo). I need a vote between two names...

Hi,

Added a poll to the thread, If you would like more ( or different ) options let me know and I will edit it for you.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

GoldSheep (07-28-2020)

Thanks

Re: New Snake (100% Het pied pastave leo). I need a vote between two names...

Thank you~