Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,796

1 members and 2,795 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Help~my ball python neck scale does not look right

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Looks like it could be a little scratch/rub.

Keep in eye on it and if it gets worse, put some neosporin on it. However, NEVER USE THE NEOSPORIN or any antibacterial cream that has PAINKILLER agent in it. JUST ANTIBIOTICS.

However, I bet that disappears next shed.

Shayna, my albino spider BP had something similar on her head from rubbing or hitting something - maybe the door of her hide when she struck a rat? Two days of neosporin and she was back to normal the next shed.

Good to be cautious and notice these things, but I wouldn't worry too much unless you see it getting worse or see your BP rubbing.
    Thank you so much!! Yes he also had this before, then disappear after next shed. Then sometimes he got this again so the more I think about it the more I suddenly get worried It's so good to confirm that it's just scrach/rub! I'll look for some neosporin! Always learn something here! You guys are the best!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Agree except I think you meant to say "antiseptics", not "antibiotics"? And may I suggest using Vetericyn- it's a topical made for snakes...water-based, not petroleum-jelly-based like most ointments for humans, & fyi, if you use too much of them on snakes it can cause their scales to de-laminate, making for terrible sheds.
    Thank you so much!! I'll remember Vetericyn! It's so good to know! It's the one with blue bottle right? May I know how much should I use it?

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alice40604345 View Post
    Thank you so much!! I'll remember Vetericyn! It's so good to know! It's the one with blue bottle right? May I know how much should I use it?

Just a very thin smear of it...any more will just be wiped off in cage or on you anyway. Actually, I'm not sure you need to put ANYTHING on this so called "injury" since the skin really is NOT broken...there's no bleeding or raw areas to get infected. But it might be good to have Vetericyn on hand for "if & when" you need it. You can also dab on a little Betadine aka "povidone-iodine" for a snake injury to prevent infection...but again, you really don't need it on these marks. They are more like a broken fingernail...

Yes, blue bottle: https://vetericyn.com/product/veteri...and-skin-care/
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Just a very thin smear of it...any more will just be wiped off in cage or on you anyway. Actually, I'm not sure you need to put ANYTHING on this so called "injury" since the skin really is NOT broken...there's no bleeding or raw areas to get infected. But it might be good to have Vetericyn on hand for "if & when" you need it. You can also dab on a little Betadine aka "povidone-iodine" for a snake injury to prevent infection...but again, you really don't need it on these marks. They are more like a broken fingernail...

Yes, blue bottle: https://vetericyn.com/product/veteri...and-skin-care/

Thank you so much!! You guys are the best!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123