Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,066

1 members and 3,065 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Resealing Cage Cracks Mold Question, thanks!

I noticed my white AP cage was leaking last week and I’m very sure it’s been leaking for a while, but I didn’t notice until I saw the cracks along the base was yellow. We resealed the cage today with Lexel, but should I have removed the original Lexel sealant to take off the bottom piece of the cage to check for mold? There is another AP cage that this leaking cage was sitting on top of, so I did find a small amount of green color on the middle part on the ceiling of bottom cage where a small bit of water flowed to and dried. My friend who also fixes homes for a living, said that there shouldn’t be mold in the pvc cracks, since the leaking water flows out of the cracks. I did notice a small area of brownish color on the bottom edge of the leaking cage, towards one of the back corners. That brownish spot was about 1 inch long. Could that possibly be mold or more likely dirty brown water that leaked out and dried? My friend said that isn’t mold since it is brown color. Sorry for the long post. I never hear about people suggesting to remove the cage bottom to check for mold if there’s a leak, before resealing so don’t know if I’m overthinking this? Thanks a lot for any help!

Thanks