Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,168

2 members and 2,166 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhp for 6x2x2

Thanks

Rhp for 6x2x2

Not sure if I should get an 80 watt or 120 watt heat panel for my new boa enclosure. I’m leaning toward the 120 watt as winters typically can get pretty cold here in Ohio. Of course it would be hooked up to a thermostat. I just don’t want it to be overkill either. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Rhp for 6x2x2

I would go 120 with that much height. If you aren't decided on a panel company yet, message or call Pro Products. they will ask for some info on the cage and environment, and then tell you what panel you should use. I have been using their panels for a couple years now and they make a great, safe and reliable heat panel.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeteV For This Useful Post:

Igotsmallballs (07-21-2020),jmcrook (07-21-2020)

Thanks
    I tried to contact them. They gave me a recommendation but then nothing else. Didn’t see the option to even purchase it. I think they wanted me to use an even higher wattage. Looking at reptile basic atm. Ty for your reply.

Thanks
    You have to call to order or place an order for a random thing I.e provent a mite and in the remarks of the order tell them to disregard the provent a mite and that you want to order a [insert model number here] rhp. The ordering is a pita honestly but there’s no better panels out there. I use 4 of them. I have 125w panels in my 6’x30”x18s.

I’ve had reptile basics along time ago. It worked but not as well as the pro products I have now do. Granted there’s a 12 year seperate on of the 2 brands. But when I went to get more, I checked out reptile basics, naturally as that’s what I had before. I exited the page once I read thermal fuse and seen that the cord can be disconnected at the panel. Your snake will climb up through the cord. Even when it’s next to the roof. I’ve heard a whole bunch of complaints about the thermal fuse and cord. Only complaint I ever hear about pro products is the ordering method.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waterman For This Useful Post:

Igotsmallballs (07-21-2020)

Thanks
    I will give him a call. I’ve heard good things

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Bob’s a good dude that makes great products. He doesn’t list the individual panels on the site because he makes so many different wattages that might not be best suited for one’s needs. Give him a buzz and he’ll get you squared away. Also does 10% off if you pay with a check (avoids credit card processing fees).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Caitlin (08-12-2020),EL-Ziggy (08-11-2020),Igotsmallballs (08-11-2020)

Thanks

Yeah, the online ordering process is strange to say the least. There is something sort of "cloak and dagger" about the whole thing. Bob, who I think is the owner, is a super nice, knowledgeable guy who takes pride in his product. He wants to sell you the right panel and he doesn't think that we could choose that for ourselves, so the panel models aren't listed on the website. If you call, you can get a recommendation and order right over the phone. That is if you actually get him on the phone. They are busy as hell right now. If you settle for email communication, you will play email tag for awhile. It will take awhile to get your panels either way. If you need one right now, Pro Products isn't the way to go. Good luck.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeteV For This Useful Post:

Igotsmallballs (08-11-2020),jmcrook (07-21-2020)

Thanks

Sry guys it was a 5x2x2. Im with reptile basics after failing to contact or get the info I needed from pro products. I was looking at the 120 watt. However is 32iches long. A little to big. I think I’m going to go with the 80 watt. It’s about two foot long and will cover just a little more than 1/3. Should give me a good temp variant for the 5ft cage I’m thinking.

Any more thoughts on a proper thermostat? Some of them seem a little overkill for one panel and one cage. Obviously I no not to run out and buy a jumpstart for it. Was looking at the Vivarium ones. They seem great but a little pricey for just one panel.

Thanks
    Ve-100 looks pretty affordable with a 700 watt output

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igotsmallballs View Post
    Sry guys it was a 5x2x2. Im with reptile basics after failing to contact or get the info I needed from pro products. I was looking at the 120 watt. However is 32iches long. A little to big. I think I’m going to go with the 80 watt. It’s about two foot long and will cover just a little more than 1/3. Should give me a good temp variant for the 5ft cage I’m thinking.

Any more thoughts on a proper thermostat? Some of them seem a little overkill for one panel and one cage. Obviously I no not to run out and buy a jumpstart for it. Was looking at the Vivarium ones. They seem great but a little pricey for just one panel.

have you tried calling pro products? I’ve since called twice since you have made this post, once for a quote on a panel, and then again to order it. Answered the phone within his business hours every time. Call is faster than email

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waterman For This Useful Post:

Alien (08-12-2020),jmcrook (08-11-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast