Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,904

0 members and 2,904 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Finally get to see an offspring from this one

If you followed some of my threads you know I have had one Lesser het Ghost that I purchased years ago believing it was a female. Kept having trouble with it going off feed and couldn't get it up to breeding size. Sent it to a breeder friend of mine who raises all kinds of prey items for food to see if we could get her eating regularly which finally culminated in her getting to a breedable size after four years. Tried pairing her with a male and all heck breaks loose in the tub. So now I suspect my She is a He. We place her with a female Mojave and very quickly get a lock. Now I understand why she, it, he kept going off feed. So now I know it's definitively a HE. Fast forward to eggs hatching and we get 4 Bels, 1 Normal, and 1 Lesser. The nice thing about the ending to this story is it looks like the clean pattern of the father has passed on to the baby, which is what I really was interested in. Now I just have to figure out how best to use him. I will be keeping one of the BEL females. Anyways, here is a picture of Dad and then a couple pics of it's baby. This is still one of the cleanest brightest Lessers I've seen to date, and it looks to be genetic.

Dad

Baby

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

cincy (07-20-2020),dr del (07-20-2020)

Thanks
    That’s a rollercoaster beginning to end! I’m glad you got HIM sorted out. Such a good father, making such a pretty baby. Congratulations!! Will the baby fade out to be more pale like the dad?
    0.1 Normal [Artemis]
    0.1 Super Pastel [Persephone]
    1.0 Pastave [Chronos]
    1.0 Blizzard Leopard Gecko [Dimitri]
    1.1 Cats [Jesse McCree, Addison Sheppard]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tytysi For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (07-19-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: Finally get to see an offspring from this one

Quote Originally Posted by Tytysi View Post
    That’s a rollercoaster beginning to end! I’m glad you got HIM sorted out. Such a good father, making such a pretty baby. Congratulations!! Will the baby fade out to be more pale like the dad?
    Thank you. I presume it will fade to me more like the father as he was quite a bit brighter as a baby. Here is a pic of Dad as a Baby for comparison.