Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,830

1 members and 2,829 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Misting System vs Fogging System in Bioactive Terrarium

Hi all, I currently am in the process of upgrading my ball pythons enclosure to a pvc terrarium and am gonna make it bioactive. I am wondering if I should upgrade to a misting system or keep the humidifier I currently use to keep the humidity up. Based only on intuition I would assume that a misting system would not only increase the humidity in the enclosure but also take care of providing the plants with water whereas the humidifier would not be able to accomplish that. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Misting System vs Fogging System in Bioactive Terrarium

Use the search function on this one. Definitely seen a numerous threads over the years regarding this. With that said, I would highly discourage you from doing so.

With the humidity system, you'll be fighting temperature issues and with constant humidity, possible scale rot.

Also, you will have to find hardy plants. As your BP grows (I'm assuming he/she is young) will destroy your plants while cruising at night.

My advise is to make the best environment possible for the BP and if you'd like to do a bioactive setup, do it for some dart frogs that will enjoy the environment that you're trying to create but won't kill it. It will also be an awesome showpiece since the frogs are bright colored.
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)