Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,726

1 members and 2,725 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Suddenly active during the day

Adult female, around 6 years old. I've had her for 4 years.

Over the last 3 days, I've noticed her suddenly roaming around the tank during the day. Very often. She also seems grumpier than usual.

I think she's hungry. I cut back on her feedings because she's a little on the chunky side. Her last feed was 6/29, and I was planning on feeding her tomorrow (the 13th). She's used to being fed every 7 to 10 days, and this is her first time going 2 weeks.

But I'm not sure, because she's literally always hungry, and even so, I've never seen her roam around this much.

I know a happy ball python is usually a hidden ball python, and she spends the vast majority of her time in one of her hides. But her cool-side hide was actually flipped over this morning, because of her roaming around during the night.

This is the literal opposite of normal for her. It's kind of an extreme change.

I double checked all her husbandry and everything is where it's supposed to be, but I'm paranoid.

Is there anything specific I can look for to make sure it's just hunger and not stress or something wrong? Should I go ahead and feed her today, instead of waiting until tomorrow? Are there any telltale signs I can look for to make sure she's not sick or that something in her tank isn't stressing her out?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Suddenly active during the day

Hi,

Can we see a picture to judge her body condition and a weight to judge her size?

What was she eating and how often before?

del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Re: Suddenly active during the day

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Can we see a picture to judge her body condition and a weight to judge her size?

What was she eating and how often before?

del

I think there are a couple more pictures in my other thread, asking if she was overweight.

I don't know her weight (I'm working on getting a scale, both my husband and I were laid off, so things are tight).

She eats f/t medium rats. Previously, she was eating every 7-10 days. It's currently been 13 days since she last ate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk