Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,189

3 members and 3,186 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

2020 Hypo Litter

Only one of my pairings from last season resulted in a litter. As much as I was looking forward to some of the other pairings I'm glad it worked out this way since I have to rely on shipping instead of selling locally at expos like I normally do. This pairing was between Calypso (Hypo het Anery Female) and Ferrovax (European line Pastel Hypo Male). Ferrovax is very red, he was the result of a line breeding project for color. Calypso has a quirky genetic background. For those who have been active on forums for a long time, roughly a decade ago...maybe longer...I might have the specifics of this wrong because it was a while ago and the forum where this was initially posted no longer exists. There was a litter produced by Jeff Ronne (aka Boaphile Plastics) that had one female hypo with almost no pattern. I don't recall the specifics of the rest of the litter, or the pairing that resulting in it. I want to say it was a normal female and a hypo male. This female hypo with almost no pattern was bred once which resulted a small litter. None of the offspring in the litter had no markings like her but there were some unusual patterns. I know someone, who was active on that forum at the time who bought one of the females. He bred her and that litter resulted in some Ghosts and Hypos, some of them had unusual markings but again none had no/limited pattern of the original "Mistico" boa. I bought one of the females from that litter, Calypso.

Similar to previous litters, no unusual patterns in this litter which honestly is what I expected. It's possible that line-breeding could produce results that lead to boas with a limited pattern. Or maybe it was some weird fluke that resulted in that one boa having almost no pattern. As far as I know, she never had another litter. The person I know who bought a female from that litter (the dam of my boa), I think no longer breeds boas. If anything ever came out of this line or if there were other litters I haven't heard of any which is a bummer because I was always curious about it.

So even though I didn't get any wacky patterned babies, I did get some very pretty hypos and normals. Most of them have only shed once but are already promising some nice color : )

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to outworldreptiles For This Useful Post:

dakski (07-03-2020),jmcrook (07-03-2020),richardhind1972 (07-04-2020)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Re: 2020 Hypo Litter

Very nice indeed, yes some have some awesome reduced patterning, I love it.
    also most are nice and clean looking too, going to be amazing as adults, congratulations

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk