Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,031

2 members and 3,029 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Bredlis pythons

Thanks

Bredlis pythons

I Am Interested In Getting A Bredlis Carpet Python. I Have Seen Pics Of Some Nice Bright Red Patterns In Some. I Don't Want A Hypo Because Of The Cost But A Normal Phase One. Are There Any Or Are All The Dark Red? Where Are The Places I Can Purchase One From?

Thanks

Re: Bredlis pythons

"Normal phases" are dark red. That's their natural wild pattern and color to be able to blend in with the red soil and rocks in Alice springs Australia. Nick Mutton at Inland Reptiles is the Morelia God if you're looking for great animals from a purist breeder but there are also a ton of other breeders out there.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toad37 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-04-2020),Gio (07-06-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    My girl came from Casey Cannon of Cannon Fire Reptiles. I honestly couldn't be happier. She's awesome. Casey was really easy to talk to, helpful and Fernie was shipped perfectly.

I'm giving serious consideration to adding a male Bredli and I'd go back to Casey in a heartbeat. But you obviously can't go wrong with an animal from Nick either.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Gio (07-06-2020)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    The "Affors" line tend to have less black to them and be a bit brighter red, the "poor man's Hypo" if you will. There are a few other breeders out there that have selectively bred for redder animals but you will be paying a bit more for the time they have put into the project that you would for a regular animal.

Casey and Nick are both great sources for bredli, I have an animal from each of them.

Owen McIntyre of Rogue Reptiles/Morelia Python Radio podcast is also a great source. I do not have any animals from him but I have seen his breeders and they are top quality
    actagggcagtgatatcctagcattgatggtacatggcaaattaacctcatgat

7. The Following User Says Thank You to asplundii For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (07-06-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Bredlis pythons

Quote Originally Posted by asplundii View Post
    The "Affors" line tend to have less black to them and be a bit brighter red, the "poor man's Hypo" if you will. There are a few other breeders out there that have selectively bred for redder animals but you will be paying a bit more for the time they have put into the project that you would for a regular animal.

Casey and Nick are both great sources for bredli, I have an animal from each of them.

Owen McIntyre of Rogue Reptiles/Morelia Python Radio podcast is also a great source. I do not have any animals from him but I have seen his breeders and they are top quality
    Good point about the Affors line. My girl is Affors line and I believe Casey was working primarily with Affors this season.