Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 887

0 members and 887 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Going to buy some more temp/humidity gauges for my new guys

The temporary enclosures they're in just have the combo Zoomed gauge sold at Petco that's an analog dial. I'm going to be putting some digital temp/humidity gauges in there and curious if you guys prefer the AcuRite 00325 (what came with my ball python setup) or get some Jlenoveg gauges? I googled and it said they're the highest recommended but curious if they stand up on their own or have to be adhered to the inside of the tub? It looks like they have a lip to hook onto an enclosure but the little guys are just in Sterilite tubs with gasket seal lids, so I don't know if the hook would work for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Almost ever digital model I have bought over the years has died if it was living in an enclosure. I do have two still in the room but that is it. One on each side and outside of any cage. In three of my cages I have the analog dual gauges and when I compared them to the calibrated gauges I have in my cigar humidors they were really close. Surprisingly close for a $7 dollar gauge. Close enough to use as a guide. I stick to those and my temp gun. My GTP and ETB both have great full sheds and are nice and healthy using them.

If you do get one with a little hook all you would need to hang it in a tub and drill a hole to place the hook.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull