Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,053

1 members and 3,052 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: question

BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

question

alright went with the male i love this little guy. He just got shipped to the store today and im wondering if i should let him seatle in for a week? Also i can't get the temps any higher than 72-74s on the cool side what do you suggest i do? and im running 80s on the warm side? is this ok
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: question

Should i just put more aspen in and crank the temps on the heating pad all the way up? What should i do the temps are staying at 72-73 in on the cool side.And the hum. is 76% after misting the container
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Which kind and size of enclosure did you end up going with? How much of the bottom of the enclosure does the heating pad cover percentage wise? What's the humidity at if you don't mist? How deep is your aspen? Where's your water dish located in the enclosure, how deep is it and is it full? What's the temp and humidity of the room this enclosure is in? If it's a glass tank what sort of lid does it have and is any portion of the lid covered? Is the enclosure in a stable part of the room i.e. not sitting over a heat vent or right beside a leaky window?

I wouldn't bring the snake in myself personally until the enclosure has been stabilized for a day or two at least. The snake is already stressed from shipping to the store, why stress it more by taking it home to an enclosure that is fluctuating and is out of spec.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

"Provide your boa constrictor with a basking spot of 88-90°F and an ambient (background) temperature of 78-80 °F. The ambient temperature should not fall below 75 °F. It is vitally important to KNOW the temperatures at which you are keeping your snake(s). DO NOT GUESS!!

It is important to note that common boas, while very hardy snakes, are sometimes less tolerant of sub optimal temperatures, especially when subjected to them for extended periods of time. Improper temperatures can lead to regurgitation, respiratory infections, stress on your boa's immune system & consequently, death."

That a direct cut and paste from the columbian boa caresheet on this forum a far as temps go. Humidity is basically just like a ball python....50-60% normally, 70% during the shed cycle (from the moment you notice a pink belly until the shed is complete).

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~