Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

2 members and 2,924 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Looking to get a Colombian Rainbow as a 2nd snake

The breeder I bought some tarantulas from has some new snakes in and said he'd trade back some of the tarantulas for store credit to get another snake. I just got my first snake (ball python) last Friday so I'm still learning, but I've noticed there is some difference in care for a rainbow boa, which is no hassle. I bought another enclosure yesterday from a local builder (basically an Animal Plastics t10 clone) so it's 4x2x15" (also may still get another ball python instead), which I'm assuming is going to be way too big for a roughly 12" rainbow boa. Is there a particular Youtube channel or guy online that is particularly well versed in this snake that I can check out to read up on what they need enclosure wise, how to set up a habitat, etc?

Thanks

Re: Looking to get a Colombian Rainbow as a 2nd snake

I'm not sure of a specific channel or person to watch for care videos but since you just got your first snake a week ago I would strongly advise not jumping into something like a brb so soon. Their husbandry requirements are a bit more intense and they're a lot less forgiving than bps.

I know what it's like to get "bit by the bug". As soon as you get one snake you want them all! But it's better for you and the animal in question to take things very slow. Enjoy what you have and learn how to take care if it exactly as it needs to be before jumping into more animals. If you truly do have your heart set on a brb then I would suggest doing a ton of research (months worth) and taking things slow. You don't want to dive into the deep end and not be able to swim.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toad37 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-17-2020),Reinz (06-17-2020)