Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,056

1 members and 3,055 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Easy Maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Obviously you need both a Carpet and a Boa. That's what I decided, and I've not regretted it for a second! I'm not sure I should hold myself up as a positive example, lol, but given the number of snake species and subspecies that interest me, I've done a pretty good job of restraining myself.
    I'm in 100% agreement here!

Boas and carpets fill the bill.

My lighting setup is just an LED strip light that can change multiple colors.

I stapled it to the top of the cage. It's the same system I used for the previously housed retic.
    Last edited by Gio; 06-10-2020 at 08:07 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Caitlin (06-10-2020),Craiga 01453 (06-10-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,484 Times in 2,683 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Zig,

Is the Olive husbandry basically the same? I've never researched their care and caging husbandry since I don't have one.

I'd imagine it is close but may require a touch more humidity?

I tried to get Kev out the last few days but he's like Wallace. He's perched most of the time and I can't get him down.

Also Zig, I have not seen you Bredli in a while it may be time for a photo session and new thread.
    G-
    My carpets, boas, olive and scrub are all kept within the same husbandry parameters. 86-90 hot spots and ambient temps in the mid 70s-low 80s. I pay very little attention to humidity but it averages 50-60% in the summer but gets as low as 30% in winter. I keep my bulls with slightly cooler temps.
    You are right about that photo session. I'm way overdue with taking pics of the critters. I've had a couple of sheds and just did a round of feedings so I'm shooting for this weekend. I really want to get some outdoor shots so I hope the weather is nice. Seeing everyone else's cool pics is motivating me.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-11-2020),jmcrook (06-11-2020)

Registered User Reptile$ 4 Life's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    G-
    My carpets, boas, olive and scrub are all kept within the same husbandry parameters. 86-90 hot spots and ambient temps in the mid 70s-low 80s. I pay very little attention to humidity but it averages 50-60% in the summer but gets as low as 30% in winter. I keep my bulls with slightly cooler temps.
    You are right about that photo session. I'm way overdue with taking pics of the critters. I've had a couple of sheds and just did a round of feedings so I'm shooting for this weekend. I really want to get some outdoor shots so I hope the weather is nice. Seeing everyone else's cool pics is motivating me.
    I look forward to them with great anticipation! I am also hoping to set up some progression threads soon (probably in two weeks as I am going to be gone all week next week. I'll miss you all!) but I need to figure out how to keep my computer from flipping the images.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Flicker)
    1.2 Southern Alligator Liazrds (Wraith, Magma & Annie)
    0.1 Western Skink (Stella)
    1.1 Leopard Geckos (Leo & Jade)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reptile$ 4 Life For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (06-11-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12