Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,902

0 members and 2,902 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Registered User ontariosnakelover's Avatar
    Thanks

What size bins/tubs to use for rack system, Adult balls

Hey guys, I'm putting this here as I couldn't find much on it. I've gathered most the materials I need to use to make a snake rack and just need to know size details on the tubs before cutting materials. What size bins should I use for adults. I've never bought bins before where I had to worry about how many quarts or such the bin was, so I'm not sure what sizes they are unless in store and looking at them. And also, does it.matter what type of bin I use plastic wise? I've never used heattape on a rack before, so being safe is a priority for me. And yes I have thermostats. Thank you

Thanks

Re: What size bins/tubs to use for rack system, Adult balls

Quote Originally Posted by ontariosnakelover View Post
    Hey guys, I'm putting this here as I couldn't find much on it. I've gathered most the materials I need to use to make a snake rack and just need to know size details on the tubs before cutting materials. What size bins should I use for adults. I've never bought bins before where I had to worry about how many quarts or such the bin was, so I'm not sure what sizes they are unless in store and looking at them. And also, does it.matter what type of bin I use plastic wise? I've never used heattape on a rack before, so being safe is a priority for me. And yes I have thermostats. Thank you
    Don't hold me to this, but, I think most are using 41 qt. tubs (sterilite/rubbermaid) for their adults. Good luck!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Depends on the size of the adult up to 2000/2500 grams 32 quarts (4 7/8" L x 16 5/8" W x 6 1/8" H), 2500 grams and over 41 quarts (about 34 7/8" L x 16 5/8" W x 6 1/8" H)

Dimension will depend on the manufacturer above are for tubs found in you average grocery store (walmart, target etc)

For vision tubs

V35 tubs https://visionproducts.us/model-v-35-tub.html
    V70 tubs https://visionproducts.us/model-v-70-tub.html
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

As a general rule of thumb, I move my adults from 32 qt bins to 41 qt bins at 2000 grams. That being said, sometimes it depends on the animal. I’ve had some go on hunger strikes until I moved them back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Ive seen a lot of breeders keeping their balls in 24 q bins. I personally think that is WAY too small, and even the 30, and 40 q are too small (in my opinion). I keep mine in 53 q bins, but have been looking for 60 q bins to upgrade them!