Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,122

1 members and 3,121 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

The boa that started it all.

Don’t mind the smaller tub, he isn’t in that full time I was having some heating issues in my vision adult rack he usually is in. Perfect shed none the less. I would love to see what started your boa/reptile addiction as I like to call it. This is pikachu our EBV Red group Hypo pastel. We purchased him from the EBV about 9 1/2 years ago! Time does fly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jboyzboas For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-22-2020),Bodie (05-22-2020),Bogertophis (05-22-2020),Caitlin (05-22-2020),cincy (05-22-2020),dakski (05-21-2020),Reinz (05-22-2020),richardhind1972 (05-22-2020),vivi (05-22-2020),WrongPython (05-22-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 492 Posts

Re: The boa that started it all.

Lovely boa Jboyz!

Both of my current boas actually had a role in starting my boa/reptile obsession, so they're both getting a shout-out here.

Adelita, my hypo het leopard Sonoran, was my first boa. She was admittedly more of a expo impulse purchase. I wasn't looking for Sonorans or hypos when I got her -- I was looking for longicauda -- but her sweet, curious personality, busy pattern, and smaller adult size won me over. She wound up being the best first boa I could have asked for -- still sweet as can be, and maturing into a real stunner. She's definitely a boa I want around for 30 years, if not longer!

My second boa is Kuzco, a Boa imperator longicauda. It was actually his parents -- or perhaps more accurately, his breeder Allison Theus' blog -- that got me into boas, and locality boas and longicauda more specifically. I was following his litter's birth and development in the months leading up to Adelita coming home. There was a lengthy wait list for Allison's longicauda, and part of the reason I wound up purchasing Adelita was my anticipation that she wouldn't have any longicauda left over for people off the wait list. When Kuzco actually became available in the spring, I snapped him up. He's been a very good boy so far, and it feels nice to have a baby from the pairing that got me in to boas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    0.1 Sonoran Boa sigma​: "Adelita" ('19 Hypo het. leopard)
    1.0 Boa imperator longicauda: "Kuzco" ('19 het. anery)
    0.1 West Papuan Morelia spilota​: "Pandora" ('20)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WrongPython For This Useful Post:

Jboyzboas (05-22-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WrongPython View Post
    Lovely boa Jboyz!

Both of my current boas actually had a role in starting my boa/reptile obsession, so they're both getting a shout-out here.

Adelita, my hypo het leopard Sonoran, was my first boa. She was admittedly more of a expo impulse purchase. I wasn't looking for Sonorans or hypos when I got her -- I was looking for longicauda -- but her sweet, curious personality, busy pattern, and smaller adult size won me over. She wound up being the best first boa I could have asked for -- still sweet as can be, and maturing into a real stunner. She's definitely a boa I want around for 30 years, if not longer!

My second boa is Kuzco, a Boa imperator longicauda. It was actually his parents -- or perhaps more accurately, his breeder Allison Theus' blog -- that got me into boas, and locality boas and longicauda more specifically. I was following his litter's birth and development in the months leading up to Adelita coming home. There was a lengthy wait list for Allison's longicauda, and part of the reason I wound up purchasing Adelita was my anticipation that she wouldn't have any longicauda left over for people off the wait list. When Kuzco actually became available in the spring, I snapped him up. He's been a very good boy so far, and it feels nice to have a baby from the pairing that got me in to boas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That’s awesome! They look beautiful and those in planned pickups can be the best!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jboyzboas For This Useful Post:

WrongPython (05-22-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Technically the boa that started it all for me, though it took me over 20yrs to finally get my own boas here.

Pic taken 11/26/95. One month before I got my first snake, an anerytheristic corn snake named Spot.
    I’ve now got two boas in my snake room, Pokigron Surinam Red Tail and an Argentine Boa. Love em both. Spent an hour or more last night watching them perch and cruise their enclosures.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

cincy (05-22-2020),Jboyzboas (05-22-2020),Reinz (05-23-2020),richardhind1972 (05-22-2020),WrongPython (05-22-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Technically the boa that started it all for me, though it took me over 20yrs to finally get my own boas here.

Pic taken 11/26/95. One month before I got my first snake, an anerytheristic corn snake named Spot.
    I’ve now got two boas in my snake room, Pokigron Surinam Red Tail and an Argentine Boa. Love em both. Spent an hour or more last night watching them perch and cruise their enclosures.

That’s cool! I wish I had some earlier Photos with some reptiles. Thanks for sharing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jboyzboas For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-22-2020)