Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,762

3 members and 2,759 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

The Journey Begins

Hello everyone, I thought I would make a thread about myself and my twin seven year old daughters ball python keeping beginning. Today after months of convincing my wife the first stage of this process arrived. I ordered an ARS 7030 rack with a herpstat 1. Now that it’s assembled I will have to acquire all the necessary hides and other husbandry items. https://m.imgur.com/gallery/mGNIzew Here is an imgur link to the set up so far, couldn’t quite figure out the picture posting part.

Thanks
    Here you go man.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking setup btw.

Thanks

Re: The Journey Begins

So exciting. I just started our adventure with my 7 and 10 year old little girls. My 7 year old is the one that absolutely looooooooves snakes. We have 2 ball pythons right now but she wants a boa, a rat snake, a garter snake, a milk snake and wants to have her own YouTube channel with all of her snakes. I am too protective to allow her to have her own YouTube channel though. Too many weirdos out there. Best of luck and enjoy your adventure!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Keri Mac
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Deep Purple Passion BP

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

Congrats on starting your journey with your little girls man. When I first glanced at the pic of your rack I thought it was a coffee table :lmbo: I wish you all the best, and It gives me a lil joy to know you are planting the seeds of future reptile enthusiasts. This forum is awesome and the most helpful and useful resource out there for these beautiful animals and the community thats been built here is the absolute BEST.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks
    Thank you everyone for the kind words. So now a serious question. On a rack system like I have where does everyone prefer to place their thermostat probe? I did some reading and it seems mostly like a preference thing but I’m open to anyones input. A side note is I did get the heat tape insulated and I read some keep it between the insulation and the heat tape.

Thanks, Ben.

Thanks

We went to a reptile expo this Saturday and finally took the dive. Going to attempt to attach images of what they chose.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BenBork059 For This Useful Post:

Caitlin (09-16-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenBork059 View Post
    Hello everyone, I thought I would make a thread about myself and my twin seven year old daughters ball python keeping beginning. Today after months of convincing my wife the first stage of this process arrived. I ordered an ARS 7030 rack with a herpstat 1. Now that it’s assembled I will have to acquire all the necessary hides and other husbandry items. https://m.imgur.com/gallery/mGNIzew Here is an imgur link to the set up so far, couldn’t quite figure out the picture posting part.
    Super exciting! My little girl is turning one next month, and I've set up several reptiles, including a BP, so she can grow up handling and learning about animals. Good luck!

Thanks

Another update, tonight was my first feeding and both python’s ate. The pied had a live mouse and the other of which I think is normal but was listed as enchi yellow belly took a f/t rat. I’m super pumped they are eating. My daughters were not grossed out and thought it was “neat” so I’m hoping they stay interested. Thanks again everyone for the encouragement and kind words.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BenBork059 For This Useful Post:

Caitlin (09-16-2020)