Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,861

1 members and 2,860 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: What morphs does my BP show?

Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    Maybeee think about it some more about breeding her since she is likely a normal/possibly a subtle morph like vanilla. The ball python market is super saturated and you're not likely to make a profit after buying the necessary items like an incubator. You may breed her and end up with a bunch of normals and unfortunately those aren't very much in demand. Please let us know if you have any questions! Please know that I'm not trying to burst your bubble or anything- it just seems like a lot of new keepers try to jump into breeding very quickly and it's usually not the best idea.
    the thing is i dont wanna purchase 2 new BPs to breed, so i was thinking in getting her a nice, not common morph and breed her with. most of the clutch might be normals but im not really looking into making profit (not my goal) but then down the road those that are not normal will probably breed them back to the male, then think of getting a different morph to expand their genetics. but i appreciate your opinion! bubble not bursted haha, appreciate the help, i will consider it either way! still got time till she's ready anyways.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

Re: What morphs does my BP show?

Quote Originally Posted by omar2459 View Post
    the thing is i dont wanna purchase 2 new BPs to breed, so i was thinking in getting her a nice, not common morph and breed her with. most of the clutch might be normals but im not really looking into making profit (not my goal) but then down the road those that are not normal will probably breed them back to the male, then think of getting a different morph to expand their genetics. but i appreciate your opinion! bubble not bursted haha, appreciate the help, i will consider it either way! still got time till she's ready anyways.
    There's a bit more to be thinking about than money made or spent. You are creating lives that will be around for maybe 40 years that need specialized care for their entire lives. How many people do you know that are going to drop $300 on a proper setup+thermostat for a $20 or free snake and responsibly home it for decades? Everyone wants to breed their snake, there's only so many homes.
    Last edited by GoingPostal; 05-21-2020 at 07:52 AM.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

Alicia (05-21-2020),Kira (05-21-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12