Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,580

2 members and 1,578 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Threaded View

Thanks

New Setup Causing Problems (maybe?)

So about four days ago I did a "tank transformation" for my ball python's terrarium. I gave him a new coco fiber substrate (where I had previously been using paper towels), a more protective hide, and LOTS more plants. The whole transformation is posted on my thread "Leviathan's Progress Thread."

However, I've noticed that my snake now seems reluctant to come out at night. During the day he basically goes back and forth from his cold hide to hide to his hot hide like normal, but he seems reluctant to leave his hides. I don't understand this, because I added so many new plants and would think it would encourage him to come out more often since he has more cover.

Knowing myself, I might be stressing over nothing and maybe he's just acclimating to the new setup, but what do you guys think?
    Hot side is set to 90*
    Humidity on the cool side has been in the low 70%s (a bit high, I'm working on some ways to change his lid to allow some humidity out)

Here's some pictures of his setup:

*note : cardboard box was a temporary hide while I was waiting for another one
    Last edited by kthoms104; 05-18-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: misspelling :/