Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,992

0 members and 1,992 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: NERD (New England Reptile Distributors) *negative*

Quote Originally Posted by pepsiandjac View Post
    On what date did the snake you bought off Freedom Breeder test positive, and why haven't you mentioned anything about it.
    This is literally a thread about NERD. If it was a thread about Freedom Breeder I would talk about Freedom Breeder. It's a shame this post went unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by PythonsAndMore View Post
    True! I messaged the OP and talked to him for quite a while tonight
    No idea who this is.

1) The snakes they sold him (never known them to sell normals)
    NERD doesn't sell hets? This should not have gone unnoticed by the members of this board. This is ridiculous.

All adult/proven for $1500. Granting you I have no first hand information about his situation, just that our het pieds we just bought from NERD were substantially more expensive. Yes, makes you wonder why his were so cheap. Anyway, I'll update after we get our test results. Hopefully late this week or early next.
    Again, this is entirely ridiculous. Half the people on the Facebook group tell me NERD prices were too high and then the exact same people are here telling me they're too low.

I'm going to guess the poster here is Goody. This was low.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elsn For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-16-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elsn View Post
    This is literally a thread about NERD. If it was a thread about Freedom Breeder I would talk about Freedom Breeder. It's a shame this post went unnoticed.
    Unnoticed? How are mods and admin supposed to know what you've possibly talked about away from here? Their job is not one of a fact checker looking into everything every person says.

You're suggesting you have no idea who that is..... But does that mean you didn't talk to them? Could they not be a person you talked to through FB? Or maybe they're just mistaken.... Or flat out lying. No matter the case how is anybody supposed to know? Only you and them could know.... But even you don't.

Did you buy a snake from Freedom Breeder? Your reaction makes me feel as if you did.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (02-16-2022),nikkubus (02-17-2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Unnoticed? How are mods and admin supposed to know what you've possibly talked about away from here? Their job is not one of a fact checker looking into everything every person says.
    You've made my point. Between OP, the fact that this is about NERD, and the Facebook link the story is presented here. However now we're once again talking about Freedom Breeder. If you all want to talk about Freedom Breeder then open Freedom Breeder threads. If you want ask me about Freedom Breeder snakes then open a Freedom Breeder thread and ask me about Freedom Breeder. Seems obvious.

Instead people are making claims about Freedom Breeder -- who cares? What about Microsoft? Is the Earth flat? What about **you**? Obviously not the place. And the suggestion that NERD doesn't sell normals and the price is wrong is incredibly ridiculous - the price sheet is listed in the other thread.

Adults acting with good faith and integrity would see right through this little boy display and would have stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    You're suggesting you have no idea who that is..... But does that mean you didn't talk to them? Could they not be a person you talked to through FB? Or maybe they're just mistaken.... Or flat out lying.
    All those more reason that maybe their posts should have been cut as off-topic instead of being ratio'd. Pretty obvious.

I just don't know what I expected. I guess I expected exactly this, but I was surprised when it didn't happen immediately, only to have it come up again and see that it was literally pooped in by people with the absolute wrong agenda.

NERD says anyone with 10 snakes has it. NERD says **you** probably have it. Some knucklehead jumps in here to say NERD doesn't have it and that they don't have normals. They flash their ass and scream Freedom Breeder. No one can see how stupid this circle is? No one can see the dumb display of blind tribalism here?

Test your snakes. If you don't want to do that then be reasonable when other people do. Demand that the person sidetracking this thread shows their test results and receipts from NERD - just like I did.
    Last edited by elsn; 02-16-2022 at 12:54 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to elsn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Price list from NERD featuring a normal:

Right at the bottom - Normal, 1.9kg, $175
    From the thread. Those were the prices.

This came directly from Jeremy Turgeon while they were selling off ball pythons that were advertised as proven breeders, breeding stock, etc. They even had a "buy a pied and a het pied" combo sale to "make your own pieds this season".

I have no idea why it is absolutely unbelievable that NERD discounted some snakes, that prices change, and that they have normals.

Not a single person attacked and demanded receipts and signed veterinary documentation from the user that was enabled to try to derail the thread. I'm waiting.
    Last edited by elsn; 02-16-2022 at 01:09 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to elsn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elsn View Post
    You've made my point. Between OP, the fact that this is about NERD, and the Facebook link the story is presented here. However now we're once again talking about Freedom Breeder. If you all want to talk about Freedom Breeder then open Freedom Breeder threads. If you want ask me about Freedom Breeder snakes then open a Freedom Breeder thread and ask me about Freedom Breeder. Seems obvious.

Instead people are making claims about Freedom Breeder -- who cares? What about Microsoft? Is the Earth flat? What about **you**? Obviously not the place. And the suggestion that NERD doesn't sell normals and the price is wrong is incredibly ridiculous - the price sheet is listed in the other thread.

Adults acting with good faith and integrity would see right through this little boy display and would have stopped it.

All those more reason that maybe their posts should have been cut as off-topic instead of being ratio'd. Pretty obvious.

I just don't know what I expected. I guess I expected exactly this, but I was surprised when it didn't happen immediately, only to have it come up again and see that it was literally pooped in by people with the absolute wrong agenda.

NERD says anyone with 10 snakes has it. NERD says **you** probably have it. Some knucklehead jumps in here to say NERD doesn't have it and that they don't have normals. They flash their ass and scream Freedom Breeder. No one can see how stupid this circle is? No one can see the dumb display of blind tribalism here?

Test your snakes. If you don't want to do that then be reasonable when other people do. Demand that the person sidetracking this thread shows their test results and receipts from NERD - just like I did.
    You're new here and obviously don't know how things go. You can not control what is in a thread or what comes of a thread. They turn, twist, and explode at times.

As to your complaint I'm not sure if Freedom Breeders is relevant or not. If you got an animal from them around the same time as those from NERD I could see it at a minimum being a valid question. You may not like it and don't wish to go there as it may not fit your agenda but it's valid none the less. You again not answering further suggest that you did get another animal during this same time. That shows this person that popped in knows more than you would like us to know so now...... Are you just trying to discredit them?
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

nikkubus (02-17-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You don't get to come back to a thread two years after the fact and have a problem with how it was handled.

You also don't get to control what other people do and say in your thread. It is not ruined or to be considered ridiculous because people asked questions or had different experiences from you. It is not off topic if people ask you questions about your collection, other recent purchases, your method of testing, your quarantine procedures, etc. These are all relevant points to the issue at hand.

It does not appear that there is any new information to be shared here, and no new information has been provided in regard to the original complaint. Therefore, this thread is now closed for comment.
    - Emily

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-16-2022),Armiyana (02-16-2022),ballpythonluvr (02-17-2022),Bogertophis (02-16-2022),Hugsplox (02-17-2022),nikkubus (02-17-2022),SS snakes (02-24-2022)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123