Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,924

1 members and 2,923 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Anyone use a fogger to raise humidy for Burmese Python?

I've searched high and low and just can't find much information on using a reptifogger type device to increase humidity for a Burmese Python. I have a 20 gallon tank right now (he's small) with a screen top. I'm using two ceramic lamps on either end with thermostats to regulate temps for hot and cool end. I'm waiting on a much larger enclosure from Reptile Basics but it might be a month or more before it comes in. With just a water bowl the humidity is maybe 20%. I bought a fogger on amazon and it really pumps out the fog and I can raise it to 60 or higher, also with a inkjet regulator but my concern is that the actual fog is too much and maybe not good for my snake to breath? The fogger cycles on and off every minute or so to keep the level at 60 and when it's on it fills the bottom of the tank with a good amount of mist. My questions in no particular order.

1. Is this actual fog harmful to breath?
    2. How long should I run this? If I have it on a regulator and it cycles on and off should I just keep it on 24/7?

I'm guessing my cage is the problem right now, but like I said it will be at least a month before I get one that's bigger and will hold humidity better.
    Thanks for your advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hefty-25-Ga...Lid/1000505547

Add heat tape + thermostat for heat, which you can move to the enclosure from Reptile Basics when it ships.

I tried using a fogger for a while but I have hard water so that killed it pretty quickly.

Thanks

Re: Anyone use a fogger to raise humidy for Burmese Python?

I have a fogger on my ball and my boa. Both seem to like the fogger. The boa has had two nice sheds and the ball was just moved to the bigger tank with a fogger.

The ball was moved after a shed and has kind of stayed put in her favorite hide. I will keep monitoring her but so far I like using a fogger a lot.

I may have to cut a small hole for the tube in the screen lid.

I also use cardboard for the BP and lexan for the boa on the lid as both are glass tanks. I may switch to lexan for the BP.

On one tank I did discover that the heat lamps I had were too hot and keeping the humidity low. I dropped down to maybe 65 watts and that helped a bunch on a smaller tank.

I use distilled water to fill the tanks.

It is a constant work in progress
    Last edited by chcobra; 04-21-2020 at 04:22 PM.