Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 660

3 members and 657 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: Was told she is a cali bee. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    not to hi jack y'all...but i am. what's the going rate for these?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think 350 to 450 is average. She was a slow starter and my friend produced her. After almost a year of force feeding she is now eating on her own. She is less than 200 grams and was produced in 2018. She practically gave her to me knowing that I would give her a good home and she has not missed a meal in my care as of yet. She also handles well. No sign of wobble but I do expect it. Just a lovely lady.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

SilentHill (04-24-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I think 350 to 450 is average. She was a slow starter and my friend produced her. After almost a year of force feeding she is now eating on her own. She is less than 200 grams and was produced in 2018. She practically gave her to me knowing that I would give her a good home and she has not missed a meal in my care as of yet. She also handles well. No sign of wobble but I do expect it. Just a lovely lady.
    No need to expect wobble just because you have a spider, in my experience 9/10 you wouldn't even notice it, it's become more internet hype than reality. Most cases that it is bad is from the animal being extremely stressed do to bad environment. Otherwise you might just notice they have a cocked glare once in a while or get a little excited at feeding time and miss a little more frequently. But most of them don't even show those symptoms. Sorry to go on about it, I'm just so sick of hearing all the negativity around spiders when I have experience with 100s and know it's not true, mostly people that never even owned one regurgitating what they read from another non experienced person lol.

Anyway, gorgeous animal you have there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

SilentHill (04-24-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    No need to expect wobble just because you have a spider, in my experience 9/10 you wouldn't even notice it, it's become more internet hype than reality. Most cases that it is bad is from the animal being extremely stressed do to bad environment. Otherwise you might just notice they have a cocked glare once in a while or get a little excited at feeding time and miss a little more frequently. But most of them don't even show those symptoms. Sorry to go on about it, I'm just so sick of hearing all the negativity around spiders when I have experience with 100s and know it's not true, mostly people that never even owned one regurgitating what they read from another non experienced person lol.

Anyway, gorgeous animal you have there
    So far the only observed strange behavior is she turns a her head and a portion of her body upside down during feeding time with excitement about food coming. I lay it in her tub and after she spends a few moments she starts exploring looking for it until she finds it and eats normally at that point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    So far the only observed strange behavior is she turns a her head and a portion of her body upside down during feeding time with excitement about food coming. I lay it in her tub and after she spends a few moments she starts exploring looking for it until she finds it and eats normally at that point.
    Yeah that sounds like one of the little quirks they can have, totally harmless though. I've seen one or two, not mine but a friends, that did a little bit of the upside down exploring while being held which is not something you see ball pythons doing unless they have wobble. But again, totally harmless, the people that bought them actually liked it and thought it was cute, gave them a little silly character. As long as they don't have a wobble that is so bad it affects their well being, which I've personally not seen but know it can happen from online videos, most spiders make great super hearty & healthy pets. They are great eaters and I've never met an aggressive one. People that have no experience need to stop spreading the negativity because a lot of people are missing out on a great morph because they are scared of what they read online. Glad you're having a positive experience with yours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12